Fort Strand NPCs and General Dialogue[Kaiel]

View and discuss completed claims
Kaiel
-Banned-

Fort Strand NPCs and General Dialogue[Kaiel]

Post by Kaiel »

This is a claim to create the NPCs of Fort Strand in the CS and write general dialogue for the settlement in the following topics:
"background"
"latest rumors"
"little advice"
"little secret"
"my trade"
"services"
"someone in particular"
"specific place"
Load the following files and save as a new esp:
-Latest Cyrodiil_Main
-Latest PC_Anvil
Do not rename the interior cells.

NPCs by interior:
Fort Strand
Outside
I. Nerialus(Imperial, m, scout): Courier/Scout that runs messages to nearby forts/anvil. Injured on the way from
Ii. Midrago(Khajiit, m, archer):Trainer. Practicing at the range.
Iii. Gulazu gra-Lurnakh(Orc, f, smith): Oversees the miners running the refinery in the yard.
Iv. Miners x3: Operating the refinery in the yard.
V. Guard: guarding the miners/refinery.
Armory
I. Oggrab gro-Illip(Orc, m, smith): Repair service and merchant.
Ii. Tiranius(Imperial, m, drillmaster): Sparring, trainer in Athletics, Medium Armor, and Spear.
III. Mirya(Redguard, f, warrior): Sparring.
Commander’s Chamber
I. Sapillius Tarvetius(Imperial, m, knight): Older legionnaire, practically retired to the Fort, which is mostly a cushy administrative outpost for supplying the legion with iron and forwarding recruits to Fort Ontus, as opposed to the relatively safe but still militarily minded border forts. Knight Bachelor.
Gate Tower
I. Noreil(Bosmer, m, scout): Lookout.
Ii. (Imperial, f, guard): Lookout.
General Quarters
I. Euratta(Imperial, f, spellsword): Second in command of the fort, early quest-giver for the local legion quests and manages the day to day operations of the fort. Place near the entrance.
Ii. Infaltril(Altmer, m, scribe): Courier, runs messages to and from the mine. Place in archive.
Iii. Githel(Bosmer, f, drillmaster): Trainer in long blade, axe, and short blade. Place in training area above barracks.
Iv. Calvendrus(Imperial, m, warrior):Legionnaire.
V. Nizsha (Ohmes-raht, f, warrior): Legionnaire.
Miners' Quarters
I. Miners x2
Ii. Matrav(Colovian, m, ): Durcanius' assistant of the mine guards. Not present, in the Coal pit at Strand Mine.
III. Durcanius Pugnitus(Imperial, m, agent): Curia administrator of the mine, works from his office here, while his assistant takes care of on-site issues in the Coal Pit office.
Prison
I. 4 guards( 1 in front desk, 2 patrolling, 1 in quarters)
Stendarr Chapel
I. (Imperial, m, healer service): Imperial Cult acolyte and priest of Stendarr. Sells restoration spells.
II. Ceryl(Redguard, f, alchemist): Sells potions and ingredients, trainer in alchemy, speechcraft, and acrobatics.
III. (Bosmer, m, miner): Injured miner, recovering here.
Iv. (Colovian, m, miner): Injured miner, recovering here.
West Lookout Tower
i. Borzal gra-Urkhub(Orc, f, guard): Lookout.

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

claim

MinerMan60101
PT Modder

Post by MinerMan60101 »

Grant
Interior and Exterior Developer | PT, TR
How games deal with alt-tabbing
OpenMW: That's cool i can wait for hours with literally zero problems.
Bethesda games: WF(BFHC@(HFB(8g6\ [CRASH]
MGE XE: Ha I guess you don't like distant land then [CRASH]

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Got an update for this? If not then unfortunately this needs revoking.

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Talked to Kaiel, this needs revoking for the moment. If nobody claims it by the time he comes back into the swing of things he'll pick it up again.

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Taking it back now

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Upload for safekeeping, dirty. All NPCs for Fort Strand, Strand Mine, and Iron Man Tavern implemented. Strand Mine Lower Gallery is currently untouched, will do the quest in a separate ESP so as not to drag this claim on for too long. All trainers have been set up, only Ceryl, the apothecary, has had her wares set up.
Attachments
PC_FortStrand_NPCs.ESP
(34.47 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Completed claim. I think I did it right. Ready for review.
Attachments
Clean PC_FortStrand_NPCs.ESP
(53.1 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Update, addressed most of the notes from discord, did not add superfluous my trade entries to those without them. Someone should investigate Cyrodiil_Main to determine why two imperial guards and one Ohmes miner did not get fallback entries
Attachments
Clean PC_FortStrand_NPCs.ESP
(55.36 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Another update! Cleaned a dirty cell and placeholder, fixed the guards using T_Cyr_Guards, which fixed the missing backgrounds, among other suggestions from Dev Shah. Ready for review.
Attachments
Clean Clean PC_FortStrand_NPCs.ESP
(55.33 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Reviewing!

I like what you've done with the place. The interior is surprisingly big (not talking about the mine itself - I already knew about that one - but the Fort I mean), and there are a lot more NPCs then I thought there'd be, both of which are pleasant surprises. There are a few issues though.

-Someone in Particular doesn't give Euratta's full name (only "Euratta") and as a result it doesn't give the topic for her.

-Under Services "he offers healing an can teach you spells" - "an" should be "and".

-Under Someone in Particular "Matrav, the mine foreman lives in the room next to him." - should be "Matrav, the mine foreman, lives in the room next to him."

-None of the Bosmer have surnames here. Given the proximity of Valenwood it should be fairly common to see Bosmer with tribe names here (as is the case with Stirk and the rest of the Gold Coast currently). I'd give Denedal in the mines and one of the other Bosmer in/outside of the Fort a shared one. Feel free to make one up or to use one of the ones in Stirk, Anvil, or Brina Cross. My personal votes would be either Myrinath - the tribe name for Earmionre (commoner in Stirk), Nylaen - the tribe name for Ephra (disciple in the High Temple of Dibella, Anvil), or Ulansair - the tribe name for Filhallil (overseer of the Abecette's illegal arena, Anvil). Though those three are just suggestions and feel free to pick something else (or make a new one up entirely).

-I didn't see a single generic "Guard" in the Fort or Mine. Which is odd. More uniqueness I always appreciate but it goes against vanilla to have every guard of a single location (including forts) be named, unless they aren't mention to be official guards but hired on bodyguard-type of npcs (like in the Estates). I feel like some of those unique guards (as long as they aren't used for any of the quests) should be made generic, and possibly 2 or 3 more generic guards be added to fill some of the more empty areas.

EDIT: Forgot one. While you were gone, it was decided that settlements should have the Local Area and Local Economy lines of dialogue. Local Economy is... A bit much for a Fort (I'm not against it if you want to add one to Fort Strand but I really don't think it's necessary), but Local Area should be there probably just for completeness sake.

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Fixed typos listed above, added some tribe names to the Bosmer of the fort, added a bartender to the basement bar in the general quarters, and gave him a unique greeting, and added an entry for local area. Since there are no generic legion guards atm, these will be added in section when they become available. File is clean.
Attachments
Clean Clean Clean PC_FortStrand_NPCs.ESP
(57.22 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Return to “Completed”