Northern GC Farms [Nats482]

View and discuss completed claims
Violet
Lead Dev

Northern GC Farms [Nats482]

Post by Violet »

This is a claim to create the NPCs of Weylus Farm (-117, -47), Felcius Farm (-116, -48), and Gavach Farm (-118, -49), as well as any fisherman homes on the coast just north of Thresvy (-125, -46), in the CS and write general dialogue for the settlement in the following topics:
"background"
"latest rumors"
"little advice"
"little secret"
"my trade"
"services"
"someone in particular"
"specific place"
"local area"*
"local economy"*
Greetings
*NOTE: "local area" and "local economy" seem particularly excessive for farm and fisherman houses outside of a settlement. I wouldn't use local economy here, nor would I use local area unless you specifically wanted to give the head of that farm a line about it. They are only on the above list for completeness's sake. As these settlements do not have a map marker, all dialogue in this claim will likely be unique. Having unique dialogue is a great thing, but don't overdo it. Be careful as to not give too much unique dialogue to any single individual. Usually just 2 or 3 lines per NPC (at most) is good for the vast majority of these types of npcs, unless there's something particularly unique about them to warrant them standing out more.

Load the following files and save as a new esp:
-Latest Cyrodiil_Main esp
-Latest PC_Anvil
Do not rename the interior cells.

Important notes and guidelines to the individual areas:

Those that own the farms themselves all live in Brina Cross. The farms here are under Brina Cross jurisdiction (which in turn is under County Anvil jurisdiction, naturally). The following nobles own the respective farmland.

-Felcius Farm is owned by the noble Antonius Medericus. The only home here is Bassius's Shack, which has 2 bedrolls. So Bassius Felcius and 1 other NPC will need to be made for this farm. 2-3 NPCs.

-Weylus Farm is owned by the noble Medina Sirolus. Weylus Farms has an apple orchard, grows spikerice, and is into cattle herding (an npc already in the file, Bysel, is one of the herders for Weylus). 1-2 NPCs + Bysel.

-Gavach Farm is also owned by Medina Sirolus. Gavach Farm raises chickens as well as growing spikerice, it has 2 orchards as well. Needless to say, it's the biggest in this claim. Vulpin Gavach is the head of the farm. There's also Vyric, who has a house here as well. 2-5 NPCs.

-The singular fishermen "settlement" is made up of 2 shacks. They are the homes of Elendroth and Karam.

Make sure to load with the addon when testing the file!

Nats482
PT Modder

Post by Nats482 »

Claiming

Nats482
PT Modder

Post by Nats482 »

Proof of life update. Only got all of NPCs setted up.
Attachments
PC_NGCFarms.ESP
(6.41 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Nats482
PT Modder

Post by Nats482 »

And ready for review!
Attachments
PC_NGCFarms.ESP
(13.42 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Reviewing!

The file is dirty, specifically the "END GOLD COAST" and "BEGIN GOLD COAST" placeholders in Background, Greeting 7, Specific Place, My Trade, and Someone In Particular are all dirtied - as is Someone In Particular itself (as there's no lines added by this file in that topic, that topic should be cleaned as well).

Issues/Bugs/Oddities:

-Elendroth is an imperial male, but that name is a Bosmer male name if I've ever seen one. Should be changed to a Bosmer male.

-Same with Karam, but this time he should be changed to Redguard.

-There are some placement issues with Milia and Vulpin. Both of which tend to occupy the middle of a small hallway in their homes, thus preventing you from being able to navigate the interiors. Milla's is more due to the interior itself needing culling a bit - as it's damn near impossible to walk around in it as is. I'd stick Vulpin closer to the wall/corner and Milia closer to the fireplace. Milia should also have 0 Wander distance (so she doesn't decide to block the hallway anyways after moving her).

Galdia is missing pants and/or a skirt.

You began implementing the G7 and Background topic dialogues with a PC_Anvil section file prior to v65 - which was the Feb 4th file, yes? Because those have all fallen in your claim file, due to a fixed fallen dialogue in Anvil v65. (This is my fault, and I apologize) The G7 lines still can be obtained due to G7 being about the generic greetings (G9), but you can't obtain any of the Background lines due to them falling below the generic ones. As such you'll need to copy-paste the fallen lines back where they were originally (copy-paste the dialogue, redo the conditions, everything), then delete the fallen dialogue. And please make sure to keep up to date with the latest PC_Anvil and Cyrodiil_Main files whenever you do Anvil section quests/dialogue claims.

Typos:
Joron Weylus, Specific Place: "anything aside from scars." - looks like it should be scares? Or am I just not reading it right?

Joron Weylus, Background: "Here at Waylus farm we grow best apples," - should be "Weylus" and "grow the best"

Vyric Cado, Background: "I work here in the field, nothing special. Just herding vegetables." - I would change this to "Just tending to our crops." or something similar.

Gladia Felcius, Background: "I just spend in kitchen" - should be "in the kitchen". Honestly I'm not a fan of this line in general, and feel like it should be reworked.

Bassius, my trade: "Im a serf" - missing apostrophe.

Bassius, Specific Place: "If you will follow" - should be "If you follow".

The ending bit to the last line about how he's not particularly interested in the tomb Fortyd strikes me as a bit of an odd one as well, not in a grammar sense, but it doesn't seem like a farmer would comment about not wanting to go graverobbing in an old tomb. If this part is kept, I would strongly recommend giving him a background line about how he used to be an adventurer or archeologist or something that would explore ancient tombs like that often - or something to that effect - otherwise I'd say to cut that last part.

Nats482
PT Modder

Post by Nats482 »

Here is the new file with all of the fixes.
Attachments
PC_NGCFarms.ESP
New file
(13.64 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Nats482
PT Modder

Post by Nats482 »

Turns out I forgot to clean the file - my bad! :)
Attachments
Clean PC_NGCFarms.ESP
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Merged

Return to “Completed”