[PC_q2_GC01_Journal] Scavenging Eumaeus [Locked]

Claim Quest & NPC work
Violet
Lead Dev

[PC_q2_GC01_Journal] Scavenging Eumaeus [Locked]

Post by Violet »

PC_q2_GC01_Journal - Scavenging Eumaeus

THIS QUEST IS LOCKED UNTIL THE INTERIOR FOUND HERE IS MERGED: viewtopic.php?p=14490#p14490

Quest description:
A relatively famous explorer from Hammerfell named Kendiv'a who recently arrived to the Gold Coast through ship (from Anvil) is trying to locate and examine the ruins of Eumaeus. Upon finding the explorer, he will give you a bit of background on the place, and then give you an offer to join him in the expedition. Traverse the dungeon with him, helping him put to rest the undead there. Upon locating all of the items, and putting to rest the Failed Creation (uniquely named generic undead, slightly stronger than normal ones), he tells you you're wounded, and offers to heal you with a potion. If you accept, you get hit with poison damage and he attempts to kill you in a weakened state, if you decline, he attempts to kill you. It seems Kendiv'a doesn't want to share any of the glory with the player, and prefers the "sole survivor" aspect of the stories of his dungeon delves. The quest ends with you killing him, the "reward" of the quest is all the nice equipment he carries, and the loot from the dungeon delve in general.

This quest is designed to be a mid-high level quest. It should destroy the average level 10 or below player, especially if you accept his "potion". This quest should be made in mind for level 12-15 (non-min/maxing) players.

The quest paths should be as followed (feel free to add onto this if you feel like it and have ideas)

1. Get the quest, either from the latest rumors in Anvil or by seeing the man himself. Explore the dungeon, collect the Necromancer's Journal, and defeat the Failed Creation. Then take the "potion" and kill him.
2. Get the quest, either from the latest rumors in Anvil or by seeing the man himself. Explore the dungeon, collect the Necromancer's Journal, and defeat the Failed Creation. Then refuse the "potion" and kill him.

Additional notes:
The claimant will need to NPC the dungeon as well as Kendiv'a himself. The Dungeon will be filled with undead creatures, a unique creature (Failed Creation), and a skeleton of what was originally the Necromancer. Make sure to read the journal. The claimant should also edit the empty note to be a command by (whoever was the commander of the fort at the time, you'll probably need to make them up) to abandon Eumaeus as a result of the Failed Creation.

There exists a "latest rumors" line for this quest in the Anvil Dialogue spreadsheet linked here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1704003178

"I hear there's a famous explorers around these parts, Redguard I think. Calls himself Kendiv'a. Apparently, he's discovered quite a few of those rourken ruins out near taneth. last I heard, he was looking for a second empire ruin, Eumaeus, I think it was."
(This line isn't in the PC_Anvil section file currently, but you do not need to wait for Anvil to be NPC'ed to begin working on this quest, as this quest is designed to be essentially "tripped over" like most wilderness quests. This rumor in Anvil is only meant to guide a player to Kendiv'a and let them know there's a quest in the ruins of Eumaeus. Nothing more. This latest rumors line CAN be added by the claimant here, if they want to - but make a note of it on the claim page if you do.)

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

I think it might be even better if this guy is a Rourken delver now that we're having a Rourken ruin at Olvos, for this to happen there, plus the rumour would then encourage folks to check out those extra islands up there

Denis418
Denis

Post by Denis418 »

I suggest we change the plot twist. Questgiver who betrays you in the end is something Morrowind devs were actively against. In my opinion also, it ruins replayability of the quest by making the returning players want to kill Kandiv'a as soon as they leave Anvil.

Instead, let's make it so this ruins explorer sincerely works together with you to clear the ruin and find treasure. In the middle of the dungeon he might get poisoned himself by something off-screen. And the player has a choice of either bringing him a cure/curing him with magic, or allowing him to die and taking his loot.

Those who save Kandiv'a's life will benefit from his advice on how to get the magic helm in the collapsed room (he gives the PC telekinesis scroll or even teaches a spell).

A follow-up quest about exploring Olvos ruins could also be a nice touch.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Toma400
PT Modder

Post by Toma400 »

Since interior for this quest is merged, it may be good idea to open it, unless there's something more that needs to be done before that.

Return to “Unclaimed”