Bosmer Trading Goods [Steppenwolf]

Post progress on your claimed work
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Bosmer Trading Goods [Steppenwolf]

Post by roerich »

Bosmer Trading Goods: A set of ingredients, weapons and misc items exported from Valenwood and sold on markets bordering Valenwood. Could also be used to give native Bosmer interiors in the Anvil and Skingrad ghettoes more character.

The First Pocket Guide to the Empire gives us the following inspirations:
"Though they are excellent archers, the Green Pact forces their bowyers and fletchers to use bone or similar materials, or to buy bows and arrows from other cultures. The use of woodcrafts created by another race is not forbidden, nor is the sale of their own Valenwood timber as long as it is collected by a non-Bosmeri.

"The Wood Elves, of course, cannot smoke anything of a vegetable nature. Bone pipes are common, however, and are filled with caterpillars or tree grubs.

"At the trading posts of the Empire, the Wood Elves become very happy. Some creations of carpentry delight them to no end. Most of it has never occurred to them. They bring their own trade items: hides, river pearls, finger-bone charms made from the still-magically-charged hands of their dead wizards. They often buy woodcrafts that they have no use for or whose use they never bother to find out. Some of the bravest Wood Elven warriors use wagon wheels as shields, or as (they think) impressive headgear.
A list of Bosmer trade goods could include the following [quoted parts are from Infragris' trade document]:
  • Bone bows. "Like the Altmer, the Bosmer specialize in the creation of high-quality bows: the Bosmeri Wenbone shortbow is prized by hunters across the continent. Lesser bows of bone and horn are also exported in large quantities."
  • Bone arrows.
  • Bone pipe.
  • "Bug tobacco" pouch.
  • Hides (could be a bundle, like the T_Nor furpacks.) Might also be a good idea to have some general ideas for Valenwood animals behind this. Could be cut in favor of the following:
  • Kimeric leather. "Of note is so-called Kimeric Leather, a catch-all term for leathers derived from the many bizarre and unusual beasts that roam the Valenwood jungles. As such beasts are often composites of more well-known animals, their skins tend to combine aspects of other types - the smoothness of goatskin with the hardiness of boarhide, etc. This makes them a valued commodity for leatherworks."
  • River pearls. "Among the slightly more esoteric products of this province are river-pearls, produced by Yeia-Kollops, a kind of native hybrid kollop-crabs which are also held for their kollop-meat, and magically charged mortal remains such as finger-bone charms."
  • Bone amulets, river pearl necklaces
  • Enchanted finger-bone charms/amulets [note: Cicero might be working on these]. Could use 2-3 different models, or unique artifacts based on the concept.
  • Ivory and/or bone clutter (cups, bowls, tankards, cutlery, flasks)
  • Musk tinctures. "A small, but notable industry is the rendering of musk tinctures of various exotic beasts. Such tinctures are used as remarkably pungent perfumes by some Bosmer, but have recently become in vogue at the Imperial Court, where they are blended into ever more complex perfumes for the upper nobility."
  • Weija. "Of note is also Weija, a silk-like product derived from a sort of spider-hybrid encountered deep in the Valenwood forests. Used to make common cloth since time immemorial, Weija has recently come to the attention of the Imperials, where it’s unorthodox origins have caused some controversy."
  • Beeswax. A globally usable ingredient, but included here since we lack it. Honey already exists in data. "Beekeeping is also a profitable business in the south, where large swarm-farms produce wax and honey for the foreign market."
  • Rotmeth. A tea made from rancid, strongly fermented meat juices with added spices to kill poisons and bacteria. Served in a large silver urn. Dance in Fire, Chapter 7: "Scotti wandered about the hall until he saw some diplomats drinking mugs of a steaming brown liquid, poured from a large silver urn. He asked them if it was tea. “Tea made from leaves?” scoffed the first diplomat. “Not in Valenwood. This is Rotmeth.” Scotti poured himself a mug and took a tentative sip. It was gamy, bitter and sugared, and very salty. “What in Mara's name is Rotmeth?” he asked quickly. “Rancid, strongly fermented meat juices with lots of spices to kill the poisons,” smiled Basth. “I should have warned you to stay with Jagga.” “You must understand the Meat Mandate by now,” laughed Jurus. “"
This is a long list, but feel free to suggest addtions and changes.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Leyawynn
PT Modder

Post by Leyawynn »

River pearl

Thanks to R-Zero for fixing up the mesh
Attachments
River Pearl.7z
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Another:

Valenwood Wine

New name currently undecided, so for now I just use the generic name from Redguard. A type of wine from Arenthia, it's made with juices and slime-like substances gathered from the local flora of the Xarxen Mora and Arenth-Arla regions of Valenwood (without harm done to said flora) mixed with the saliva of a local animal that acts as a fermenting/bonding agent. It's not a popular export among low/middle class merchants, but instead is purchased by the aristocracies in parts of Colovia, Summurset, and Hammerfell. Hardly any non-Bosmeri nobles actually know what it is or how it's made; just that it's exotic, pricey, season-specific, and sold by a very wealthy Kingdom.

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Since I started make bows) I'm claiming the Bosmeri Wenbone shortbow. I will not rush, doing in parallel the gambling cards for TR.
Workers of the world, unite!

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

It's ready.
Attachments
pc_w_We_Wenbone_bow.rar
(987.81 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

I'm claiming this again.

Violet
Lead Dev

Post by Violet »

Pickles did some of the models for some of these IIRC, I would advise coordinating with him on the ones he's worked on. Good luck and happy modding.

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

This is my little part of the claim. Someone please check it.
Attachments
pc_o_We_storage.rar
(317.11 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Amulet is ready
Attachments
pc_c_We_amulet_01.rar
(154.3 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

New amulet
Attachments
pc_c_We_amulet_02.rar
(318.96 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Some feedback on your bosmer basket:

I'm sorry to say that there is still a lot that needs to be done.

1. Your model deviates from the given concept art. This is not a problem per se, but I feel like the concept is more elegant and visually pleasant. At the very least, it would be nice to have another variant which proportionally better matches the concept.

2. More importantly, your model is much too lowpoly. Don't make your models as lowpoly as this, as it keeps your model from actually representing what it's supposed to represent.

The horns at the top and the bone struts need additional vertex loops, so they become less edgy/pointy than seen on this image. The horms could be made more prominent too.

The base cylinder this model is made of has too few sides. I count 8 here and the geometry is very apparent to ones eye. Use at least 10-12 cylinder sides. so the model appears rounder. For the exact count use your own judgement.

3. Don't use hard edges on an organic model like this:

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

New amulet is ready. I would be grateful if someone check it at the nearset time. That I don't come back to this model after a certain amount of time.
Attachments
pc_c_We_amulet_03.rar
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I have reviewed all three amulets at once. I also directly fixed the findings, I've made, but I'll post them here for your information:

The texture sizes were generally too big for small objects like these. I rescaled them down to 256x256.

pc_c_We_amulet_01.nif was not in meshes/pc/c, but in meshes/c
pc_c_We_amulet_02.nif pointed to the wrong texture path and was not orientied horizontally.
pc_c_We_amulet_03.nif was not oriented horizontally.

pc_c_We_amulet_01.dds was missing mipmaps

Two of the icon files were not in /icons/pc/c
The names of the icon files started with tr rather than pc.
Minor: All of the icon files contained unneeded mipmaps. I didn't fix this, as it's kinda unimportant.

All three amulets were offset from the scene origin and not oriented like other amulets.

The dimensions of the amulets were mostly fine. However, I have rescaled the first amulet by 0.7 and the third amulet by 0.8 to make them match other amulets in the game.

I'm posting the data.esp including the reviewed files here first, so you have the chance to disagree before things are put into data:
Attachments
amulets.7z
(87.1 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

New Wenbone bow version. I think its ready to merge
Attachments
pc_w_We_Wenbone_bow.rar
(1011.05 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Now I state this is the final version. I've made minor textures and icon changes
Attachments
pc_w_we_wenbone_bow.rar
(815.08 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
amulets.rar
(105.79 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

Here are Basilisk hide +
changed bowstring from rope to tendon texture.
Now I swear this is the final bow version.
Attachments
pc_w_we_wenbone_bow.rar
(815.95 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
pc_m_We_Basilisk_hide.rar
(459.79 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

I drop all my PT and TR assets. Pick them up

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I have pushed all of the above assets to the data contributions, except for the basket, which still needs some work.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hide baskets are completed and pushed to the data contributions.

I'll leave this claim here for future assets work.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Steppenwolf has resumed work on this.

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

New hide is ready
Attachments
pc_m_We_Deer_hide.rar
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 31 times

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

remaded basilisk hide
Attachments
pc_m_We_Basilisk_hide.rar
(501.95 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

chef
P:C Head of Exteriors

Post by chef »

Steppenwolf
PT Modder

Post by Steppenwolf »

I haven't any button to attach file at TR forum (probably because I lost TR badge) I'll continue post assets here.
Attachments
pc_o_bug_pouch.rar
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 32 times

Return to “Claimed”