As discussed in the Political Factions post (viewtopic.php?t=1559&p=14045), the player will have the chance to choose between three contenders for the High King/Queen of Skyrim as part of the SHOTN MQ. Players will also have the chance to join any of Skyrim's nine kingdoms (Holds), rising through the ranks much like in the Dunmer Great Houses. Accordingly, serving each kingdom will offer the chance to earn titles and property.
Eight of the nine holds (not Eastmarch) will allow the player to rise to the rank of Thane. Four Holds will allow any player to reach the rank of Thane regardless of SHOTN MQ affiliation:
- Becoming Thane of the Reach unlocks the ability to build a estate-stronghold on a riverbank just west of Beorinhal.
- Name: Fenrald's Bend - named after the ruler of Granitehall (Beorinhal) in Arena
- Description: Sturdy manor house built in the Markarth Side style
- Name: Yngvild Meadhall
- Description: Mead hall built in the Danstrar style
- Name: Athalvund
- Description: Mountain fortress in the Hrothgar style
- Name: Goldenglow Estate - a nod to the TESV location
- Description: Luxurious lakeside estate in the Riften style
Three more Holds will allow the player to build faction strongholds only if the player is aligned with their candidate for the High Kingship:
- Becoming Thane of Haafinheim unlocks the ability to purchase and outfit a ship that can move between various northern harbors.
- Name: TBD
- Description: Galleon outfitted with heavy Nordic flavor (or some new Nord ship with an expansive interior)
- Name: Harfstel Lodge
- Description: Ironwood steading with a dock built in the Falkreath style
- Name: TBD
- Description: Austere manor-apartment in the heart of Winterhold's rich district
Finally, the player can earn one even higher title: Jarl. This is only available by completing the entirety of the SHOTN MQ and placing one of the three candidates on the throne.
- If Thian's bid to become High King is successful, he will grant the player the title of Jarl of Dunstad.
- With the player's help, Dunstad will have been seized for Haafinheim from its former Imperial Count.
- The player gains Kogmenthist castle as a personal holding.
- The former Jarl of Blackmoor joined forces with Jsashe, and will have been disposed of by the player.
- The player gains Njorvela castle as a personal holding.
- The player will have cut off Amol from the Pale; this title would be bestowed before Eisir restores the town to Eastmarch, in order to ensure a loyal vassal in King Asgan's court. Note that the player cannot become Thane of Eastmarch, only Jarl (of Amol) in the Eastmarch faction.
- The player gains [TBD Amol castle] as a personal holding.
Ultimately, this will allow the player to own property in any of the nine Holds (plus the ship) - but not all of them in a single playthrough - in a way that is integrated with the Main Quests for each, as well as with the overarching SHOTN MQ.