Permission for hair assets

General project talk
Darkfri
Forumite

Permission for hair assets

Post by Darkfri »

Hello everyone,

I am working on a patch to adapt all hair from Tamriel Rebuilt to Mackom's heads. I have done all TR_data hair, but there are also 8 hair appearing in TR that come from PT_data :
- sky_b_n_n_f_hr_01
- sky_b_n_n_f_hr_02
- sky_b_n_n_f_hr_03
- sky_b_n_n_f_hr_04
- sky_b_n_n_m_hr_01
- sky_b_n_n_m_hr_02
- sky_b_n_n_m_hr_03
- sky_b_n_n_m_hr_04

I would like to know if it's possible to have the permission to tweak these meshes to make them compatible with Mackom's heads (mainly removing ears and adjusting position and size) and to include them in my replacer.

Thank you in advance :)

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

sky_b_n_n_f_hr_01.nif and sky_b_n_n_f_hr_03.nif are more or less taken from a modder resource, albeit slightly edited. Unfortunately I don't remember which it is from.

sky_b_n_n_f_hr_02.nif
sky_b_n_n_f_hr_04.nif
sky_b_n_n_m_hr_01.nif
sky_b_n_n_m_hr_02.nif
sky_b_n_n_m_hr_03.nif
sky_b_n_n_m_hr_04.nif
are free to be included and changed in your mod.

Darkfri
Forumite

Post by Darkfri »

Thank you for the permission.

I would also like in a future version to make my replacer fully compatible with SHTN, would it be possible to have a global authorization for all hair?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Actually the imperial - and reachmen - heads and hair (not sure what else there is) are also mostly based on outside peoples work (with regards to meshes, not the textures).

The imperial heads and hair are slated to be changed for something more vanilla-friendly at some point anyway. The reachmen are possibly getting their head models edited aswell. Those overhauls will probably take some time before they are tackled.

The current imperial hair and heads, if I'm not mistaken, are from Westly, who again has them from somewhere else. It's all slightly complicated.

The Reachmen hair are partly self-made, partly based on other peoples work, but always in an edited way. However, all of those were open modder resources, apart from one hair style, which I got from westly, who again got it from somewhere else (possibly oblivion modder resource).

We haven't really bothered yet to follow all of these pieces back to their very original author, so there may very well be gaps in the attribution list of Tamriel Data.

If you really want I can provide my best knowledge on each single piece that you are interested in.

Darkfri
Forumite

Post by Darkfri »

Thank you for these information.

I unterstand that they come from various sources that are difficult to track.

I am currently abroad, I will work again on it in 3 weeks. Can I contact you in PM at this time with a detailed list of pieces that I am interested in?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Yeah, surely.

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”