Sundered Hills (Sky_xRe_16+23) [Unclaimed]

Claim Exterior work
roerich
Project Administrator

Sundered Hills (Sky_xRe_16+23) [Unclaimed]

Post by roerich » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 am

A claim for the areas marked 16 and 23 on this map.

Region discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=661

Location map thread:
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=499

Note: The SH region style has been expanded a bit since this thread, see my Beorinhal claim for some examples. This includes expanding the land texture set from using literally one texture.

The ridge on the eastern side of this claim should be changed into a plateau, possibly slightly declining going east, but not this type of vertical cliff that it currently is.

To the north lies the Midkarth farmlands and to the East are the Ridgelands of Lainalten, Whiterun hold. The region transition should be made using brown grass and rocky dirt, with the dry grass white rocky dirt texture used with intensified frequently going south-west.

Points of interests: We will need to discuss this further. There's an Orcish nomad camp in neighbouring claim 15, pushed out of the southern SH by the Reachmen. The entire region is generally a badlands region, with badly maintained roads and lawlessness running wild. You could put one or two bandit caves, a small primitive barrow and perhaps an exterior bandit camp. There's no roads going through here except the one running along the northern edge, which should use the northern Midkarth region setup.

Yeti
SHotN Jarl

Re: Sundered Hills (Sky_xRe_16+23) [Wolli]

Post by Yeti » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Would this be a good place for a Horme camp? We'd probably have to figure out to distinguish them from regular bandits, though.

Other than that, I think this stretch of wilderness can get by on the kind of locations you mentioned, roerich. Maybe have one bandit cave, one natural cave with animals in it, a small barrow, and then the Horme camp (if we go with that idea here).

Wollirollo
PT Modder

Post by Wollirollo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:17 am

roerich wrote:
Note: The SH region style has been expanded a bit since this thread, see my Beorinhal claim for some examples. This includes expanding the land texture set from using literally one texture.
I've looked through the claims forum, but I can't find this. You'll have to point it out.

The ridge on the eastern side of this claim should be changed into a plateau, possibly slightly declining going east, but not this type of vertical cliff that it currently is.
Looks like it has already been done. Instead of a river it slopes into grass land texture.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:52 am

Looks like it has already been done. Instead of a river it slopes into grass land texture.
Indeed. The overview map of the reach we keep using shows an utterly outdated state of everything.

We have not really managed to perform a proper planning (meh) for the Sundered Hills yet. The thread for it would be here:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is also the location map workshop as the most up-to-date source of landmass-info we can offer on this forum. At least it should help with the roads.
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roerich
Project Administrator

Post by roerich » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:39 am

Oh, perfect. Having an updated ingame map to plan from would be great. I've lost the overview of all the new changes to the Rest Exteriors file.

@Wolli

Sorry, it is this one:

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though that claim needs to be cut from the rest exteriors, and I'll need to mark up the borders of the claim and merge it with Spineinside's showcase. Work work work.

And a Hörme camp sounds good. For starter's we'd just need a tatterered banner or something else to show that these aren't just regular bandits.

Scamp
P:C Council Member

Post by Scamp » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:15 pm

This really should be revoked by any standards I might have held dear at some point.

Revoked. No updates and user was last active in May 2017.

Return to “Unclaimed”