Direnni Clutter

Model, texture and sound development of SHotN
worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I would do this only as a very special exception and probably avoid it for Mirilstaren as a more representative Direnni fortress. The welkynd stones are ultimately P:Cs turf and I'd like to see it kept like that, honestly.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

What worsas said. I wouldn't mind a Direnni-exclusive opponent, like a number spirit created and bound by esoteric mathematics. Or Da Vinci like metal automatons powered by sun magic. The Direnni/Medici connection is somwthing that could be explored more.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

Always happy to see my work getting recognition :) But yeah, I agree with worsas and roerich on this, it would be better if Direnni has some unique equivalent of these if anything, even if they would be technically the same (remember the hunger statues in Shivering Isles, for example).

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Gotcha, that's fair, on second thought I agree they feel quite not right here, probably because how thanks to TES IV everyone connects them with Ayleids already. It would be fantastic to have some Direnni enemies or traps someday though. These automatons sound especially imagination-nourishing, much more subtle and elegant than Dwemer animunculi, like a mix of sculpture and clockwork genius, made from this greeny brass-like metal, with Direnni yellow energy visible from the cracks...

Ah, one can dream :P

Edit: And then alive bull statues as well of course, like D&D/M&M gorgonas.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

How about sunbeam "laser" emitters? Or would this be too high-tech-like?

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Hm, it sounds too Kirkbride-ish, to be fair :P and brings Might and Magic memories too

Unless something like Archimedes' heat ray? Created mostly by a creative usage of mirrors and lenses, and only collaterally thanks to magic? That's a similar vibe to Da Vinci-like technology roerich mentioned.

R-Zero
PT Modder

Post by R-Zero »

berry wrote:Unless something like Archimedes' heat ray? Created mostly by a creative usage of mirrors and lenses, and only collaterally thanks to magic? That's a similar vibe to Da Vinci-like technology roerich mentioned.
Yep! That's exactly what I had in mind.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Ah, I see, that sounds cool then. :)

I also thought an alchemical trap of some kind would be fitting for Direnni, but I only managed to come up with an idea of toxic fumes (and that seems 1) too cliche 2) too savage - I could imagine such trap in Ayleid dungeon again, but not really in Direnni ruin). Maybe some kind of an alchemical fire? Or Greek fire, if we want to keep the theme running. :) Not as seen in TES V, as flammable hanging urns, as that would be hard to implement with no object physics in Morrowind, but maybe as some spouts (gargoyles?) spewing fire?

Still, I understand Direnni traps are of really low priority, just thinking out loudly, really.

MinerMan60101
PT Modder

Post by MinerMan60101 »

Direnni Door 02 and 03 have caspering within their own models can't post a screenshot because the website is saying: "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 1 Bytes."
Interior and Exterior Developer | PT, TR
How games deal with alt-tabbing
OpenMW: That's cool i can wait for hours with literally zero problems.
Bethesda games: WF(BFHC@(HFB(8g6\ [CRASH]
MGE XE: Ha I guess you don't like distant land then [CRASH]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

You can upload it to imgur.com
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

MinerMan60101
PT Modder

Post by MinerMan60101 »

The first image is of the caspering doorway model (T_He_DngDirenni_I_Doorway_0X) the second is showing that the stairway models cause problems when you try to connect multiple rooms together, since T_He_DngDirenni_I_StairsLow_01 has an extra half a hallway block length extra. This can be solved either by removing that, adding a similar part to the T_He_DngDirenni_I_StairsUp_02 model or adding a half length hallway model.
ImageImage

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

the second is showing that the stairway models cause problems when you try to connect multiple rooms together, since T_He_DngDirenni_I_StairsLow_01 has an extra half a hallway block length extra.
For the time being you can put your gridsnap size to 32 instead of 64 in the Construction set editor settings. That will allow you do join the stairs with the rest.

MinerMan60101
PT Modder

Post by MinerMan60101 »

I found another bug, each of the T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_XX statics with curved corners (listed below) have the seam pictured below.
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_03
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_04
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_04a and b
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_07a and b
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_08a and b
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_09a and b
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_11a and b
T_He_DngDirenni_I_Wall_12a and b

Return to “SHotN Asset Development”