Karthwasten Quest: Chickens & Trolls (Sky_QRe-Kw01)

View and discuss completed claims
worsas
Project Administrator

Karthwasten Quest: Chickens & Trolls (Sky_QRe-Kw01)

Post by worsas »

Continuing from berrys showcase here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=174" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Reviewing

I went up on that platform on the cliffs to overlook the trolls, i saw the rock move and the troll come out, then I rushed down but when I got close the rock reset itself closed and I couldn't access the troll lair without TCL, even after speaking to Wilbur. Going to try and debug this. I fixed the dialogue and tweaked it a bit.

It's a fun quest overall when it did work, though.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Hm, that's weird, that's a bug I haven't seen yet. Maybe the plugin needs to be resaved with scripts recompiled, given how new arrived ESM meanwhile? Sorry for a fuss.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Update. I changed IDs accordingly to new naming convention, converted this to depend on Tamriel Data and recompiled script. The debug function was implemented to Wilbur's state script.

On my pc everything worked well with Skyrim_main loaded together with this. Could you guys please give this a go and see if you're still getting any bugs or errors here?
Attachments
Clean_sky_berry_quest_chicks_TR.esp
(56.76 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

As far as I remember, there's still one potentially game-breaking bug here - a doOnce clause needs to be added to the script checking Wilbur's death (it's attached to the editormarker activator in his house), otherwise the journal entry would just keep appearing ad infinitum on every frame as long as PC is in that cell.

Return to “Completed”