Dragonstar: Apartment house (Sky_iRe_Ds26) [Tristior]

View and discuss completed claims
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Dragonstar: Apartment house (Sky_iRe_Ds26) [Tristior]

Post by roerich »

Upper apartment is the home of a Redguard Agent (two stories), lower apartment is a Redguard clothier (one story plus possibly basement). The two apartments can be connected on the inside, but they have seperate exterior doors.

The upper apartment should look burglarised with books, papers and stuff spread out on the floor, tipped over chairs etc. Possibly the inhabitant could lie dead in his bed, or the player will stumble upon him in an alley.

T_Nor_FurnM + T_Imp_FurnSky

Location number 26 on this map:

The exterior can be found here (use the latest file)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

I'd like to claim this.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Grant!

Remember to make this two seperate cells. On a second thought, the two apartments should probably not be connected in the interior.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Here 'tis. Given that there is only one not-incredibly-Nordic bed in the Nordic M set, and it is a very clashing blue colour, I used a different kind of bed for the clothier. Welcome feedback on that, and the clutter in both places. I feel like it's a bit light on, but wasn't sure what these places would need.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds26.ESP
(21.19 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Quick note:

As noted in the original post, you are more than welcome to use T_ImpFurn_Sky and the T_ common furniture and beds in these interiors. Like the bed used in the Rga reference cell. In many places it will be much more appropriate than Nord furniture, especially in Dragonstar West.
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Looking great here as well. The slightly moved T_SkyNor_FurnM_Cl1CltEp is a great touch, makes it look like someone has been searching for something.

The fire should probably have gone out. And there's no need for torn tapestries, this isn't abandoned, it was just recently burglarised. So you don't have to make it look derelict.
- Taniquetil

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Cheers! The torn tapestries were due to the (chest posing as a) wall safe behind the upstairs hanging. The idea being that they were torn whilst searching for it, but I'm not married to that. You're right about the fire, too.

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Okay! The fire is out, and the downstairs tapestry has been reconstituted. I also added a window to Sky_iRe_Ds26b, because it was severely lacking in natural light - you can see what you think.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds26.ESP
(21.34 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Tristior
Project Administrator

Post by Tristior »

Okay, I have added a bit more mayhem and changed a few models in the upstairs house, to make it more visually interesting and congruous. I was attempting to do the same to the shop downstairs when I mysteriously lost the ability to click on anything, so someone else might want to see if they can make it look nicer.
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds26.ESP
(22.76 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Review

clean = yes

Sky_iRe_Ds26

illegal to sleep = yes
north marker = yes

- added corner pillar (x1)
- replaced T_Com_Furn_TrophWolfColovian_01 with bm_wolfhead_red please don't use the Colovian versions of these, the vanilla ones matches the creatures found in the wild
- removed T_IngFood_Tomato_01 (x3) not SHOTN appropriate
- removed T_SkyCom_Var_Sk3Thief
- removed T_Bk_DresSlaveTradeTR
- replaced T_Com_Var_BarrelTop_01 with T_Com_Var_BarrelSkyTop_01
- lowered T_IngFood_MeatChickenRoast_01 (fleeting)

Sky_iRe_Ds26b

fixed the weird issue by copy-pasting entire cell to a new cell. i've encountered this error before, and it only seems to affect the particular cell. i can't recall how it's been solved earlier.

illegal to sleep = yes
north marker = yes

- removed T_Imp_Furn_Incense_01_64 the rarity of this in SHOTN claims taken into account, i think it should be saved for more fitting interiors, like temples
- locked T_SkyNor_Furn_Ch3G150
- locked T_SkyNor_FurnM_Cl1CltEp
- locked T_SkyNor_Furn_Ch3G030
- added T_Rga_SetReach_I_TilePillar_04 should ideally be used in most corners, but here the bottom wall trim was caspering, so it was extra bad

Both interiors are very good, and especially the creativity in the burglarised apartment is great. I particularly enjoyed the tipped over potted plant and the bookshelf with the cutlery sliding down.

Added to Dragonstar main file (viewtopic.php?f=124&t=331&p=10205#p10205)
Attachments
Sky_iRe_Ds26.ESP
(22.45 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
- Taniquetil

Return to “Completed”