Organisation!

General project talk
worsas
Project Administrator

Organisation!

Post by worsas »

It's 7:00 in the morning o.O and I do have a few requests that are hopefully not inappropriate:

Roerich:
Can you finish the karthwasten underworks and the southern river part of the Markarth claim, so the adjacent exterior claim can be worked on?

Luxray:
It would be great to have one who organizes and deals with the whole npcing, pathgridding and questing together with Yeti. At the moment generic greetings need to be written up, unless yeti has done so already. You could otherwise do pathgridding together with a minimalized review of the finished, but non-added interiors. I think I added 2 caves to the karthwasten area, that have also got no pathgrid yet. I'm sure you are aware, but we really need a quested release in near future.

Berry:
If it's not too much asked, I would be happy if you could still finish your current claim and afterwards #20 and #12. I think the majority of work on the forest is done and that these areas only need to be given a minimalistic overhaul: Container plants, tree scale, the one reachmen camp and a little bit rockcluttering. A few grassy spots in the flat areas, especially along the river bank, would also be cool. Also, don't worry about what I wrote on the container plants, that can wait. Don't make the interior for the nordic ruin you added in the druadach yet (see below). It would be good, if you could make the interiors for the new reachmen camp in #20 instead.

Spineinside:
If you have any time, it would be best, if you could look into ancient nord fortress assets. While these fortresses are partly or completely built from barrow objects, they should use a different interior tileset. Otherwise we'll run into the problem of almost just having caves and barrow dungeons outside of the Reach. I'm going to send you a half-finished dungeon tileset, which I hope you can adapt for it, so you don't need to work from scratch. I would also be happy, if you could model some of the things posted here: viewtopic.php?f=145&t=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; using these large stoneblocks that I have used for the barrow sidewalls.

Worsas:
Worsas is currently working hard to get the move to Tamriel-Data done, so we can enjoy the new assets and the new naming scheme as soon as reasonably possible. :geek:

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Sounds like a great plan, thanka for taking the initiative. I'll get on it soon.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Sounds good to me worsas. If Yeti can upload what he's done on Karthwasten with all or most of the NPCs in place I could even begin implementation of Karthwasten-centric quests with the NPCs (with Karthwasten- and specific-dialogue to get added when ready or convenient) as the two are not mutually exclusive.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

The problem with karthwasten is that claim #20 and #12 still need to take place in this npced area and that we must avoid bad things like having several files with duplicated content in the end. For that reason we agreed some time ago that the npcing only continues after berrys current claim and #20 and #12 are finished. But it might be possible to handle dialogue and quests in a separate, dependent file, maybe. Claim #20 in particular requires merging vorndgad forest with the karthwasten area, so we won't have the separation between these two either.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Oh ok I didn't think about that, logistically. Well, I'll be happy to start that work when the file is ready then. I shall finish doing the reviews and start working on that generic-dialogue.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Alright, that sounds great. :) I'm getting a surgery next Monday so I should probably have some time to get this done while convalescencing.

This overlaps with spineinside's Aldkarth claim too, right? It won't be an issue in a few days, as I still have loads of work to get done within the forest file itself, but it would be good to get this settled. Maybe I shall just cut out the Aldkarth cells I would need for the merge with a forest?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hmm.. don't risk your health for us, friend, even if your help is much appreciated.
This overlaps with spineinside's Aldkarth claim too, right?
Spineinsides claim should be just south of the karthwasten area, so there is no intersection to be afraid of.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

hi back,

I have no objection to take care of nordic fortress assets, this would be a fun and hopefully won't take too long to do it.

Worsas I look forward to your interior dungeon set files.
worsas wrote:...so there is no intersection to be afraid of.
that's good then :D But if there are going to be some merging issues I am widely open for suggestions to avoid the risk of having these cells standing out too much.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

I'm hijacking this thread in order to ask random questions related to organization. xD

So who's in charge of the exterior business right now? I heard there's a third mesa... which would be a perfect opportunity for me to get back into exterior modding.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I can't remember if we ever decided on an exterior leader (or if it's really needed anymore), but I'd say it's worsas. Most exterior decisions are made between all of us though (worsas, berry, luxray, spineinside, me)

And - aww yisss!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

There is no exterior bighead around. But the most active modder in that area is berry.

The third mesa is the one right west of the valley I worked on and northeast of your previous one. It would be the last of the three mesas, the first two of which you made previously.

For the whereabouts of stuff, consult this and this thread. The map in the last one is a bit outdated but should make the third mesa and its location more than clear.

I have posted the skyrim_merge file luxray created in our internal download section, if you want to check it.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

What about the bit in between the mesas?

[hsimg=http://i.imgur.com/Asfb015.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/Asfb015.jpg[/hsimg]

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

What about the bit in between the mesas?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... claims.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure where the thread is I posted this map in originally. But it would help a great deal for the orienation to keep using this claim division.
If you are wondering about claim 8, my plan has been to modify it to include some kind of path leading up to the third mesa.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

On that bit between the mesas, it's a tough one I guess. Maybe some crushed stone from falling rocks will do, blocking the view in that position? I guess on top of the mesa one could set it up in a way that it looks plausible.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

What about a path up to the mesas and/or on to High Rock? Some pathway up from the land surrounding Dragonstar?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

As you can all see in the unclaimed section of the exterior subforum, there is still quite a bit ahead of us in terms of exterior work. The more important it is that we don't overstretch ourselves about claims that consist partly or entirely of overhauls of existing work. The massive overhauls happening with the vorndgad forest and druadach highlands-A were needed, but all the other regions can get away with far less overhaul-effort. I personally hope that updating some of those will only be a matter of days. I hope, at least, because those are really frigging many claims that will have to be finished before The Reach is complete.

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”