Videos & trailers

Screenshots of recent work on SHotN
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Videos & trailers

Post by roerich »

Vorngad Forest (2011)

The Reach (2011)
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Edited: Fixed youtube links. If you read the popup info for the youtube tags, it says enter only the ID, the text after the v=

Nice vids. Does anyone still have access to this youtube account?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Ah, I see! Thanks for making it work.

I think Lestat has access. We should make some new videos (i've tried, but my computer is lagging).
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

I have access.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

By the way. If you are ever up to taking gameplay videos there are many free and better alternatives to Fraps these days. You only need to google a little bit. I have installed LoiLo Game Recorder a while ago and it seems to run smoothly and is easy to use, on top of being for free.

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

If I get some free time for that, I would like to create some new screens and a video. We truly need that.

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

Okay, so I got enough time and computing power to re-render showcase videos of my animated creatures. They have mostly quite lame animations, but it's at least something.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Amazing creatures!

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Wow, the Ice Wraith is absolutely fucking cool. The others look great, too, of course...

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Darkelfguy has released his first go around our lands! Behold!

Poland can into embed!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

griff
PT Modder

Post by griff »

Great video. Is he making more ?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

That was extremely satisfying to watch.
- Taniquetil

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

It's great to watch, the movie presents everything as I am supposed to see as a modder who wants to join ! There is also a huuge interview with Haplo on TR somewhere in the channel which is very new to me and I don't even know how I could miss it :oops:

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

Also, IIRC there's also interview with Scamp ;).
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Darkelfguy
PT Modder

Post by Darkelfguy »

Hey guys, I know its been taking me longer than it should to get the interview with Worsas and Roerich finished, manual transcription is just a very lengthy process, but in the meantime thought I'd make a new trailer for the project based around the Druadach Highlands. Hope you guys like it! :)

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Nicely done! I like the music here, very nice balance between just being overall supportive in creating the atmosphere and at the same time being moderately "epic" as it's common with trailer music.

It's rather unfortunate that the engine limits your framerate like that.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your support!

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Great as always, DEG! The caption at 00:25 is my favourite, it looks like we nailed it with Vorndgad-Druadachs border. It would be great to have some screenshorts like this for project's promo.

I'm relieved to see you are getting similar framerate in whole Druadachs. I was afraid I made cell -109, 9 (hidden valley with a waterfall) too demanding, but it seems to work fine, too?

By the way, I've been listenining to the song you used here (alongside TES: Redguard's soundtrack, my timeless source of inspiration for Redguard culture) when working on Dragonstar :) it suits the atmosphere of Druadach Highlands very well in my opinion.

Thanks for the video!

Darkelfguy
PT Modder

Post by Darkelfguy »

Been a while, but I've finally got around to putting together another trailer! This is actually the first of a new set of 30FPS trailers of SHOTN that I plan to put out over the coming months. Thanks to a generous recent hardware donation, my FPS woes have been pretty much soundly dealt with, and I have a new computer that can record pretty much all of the Reach at a smooth 30 FPS, though it does still dip to about 20 FPS in some parts of Karthwasten (but that's with NPCs and all of the minor details still there, so that's not too bad considering the object count). Anyway, I've gone on a video-recording frenzy, and I now have about 600 new trailer clips of the Reach, Druadach Highlands, and Vorndgad Forest all at about 30 FPS, that's enough to last for another four trailers, to be released once a month to help generate interest and excitement in this amazing project.

Of course this also means I can do 30-ish FPS trailers for Dragonstar and Markarth whenever those cities are ready for trailers as well.

One last thing, I did want to share my massive screenshot collection, I've gathered over 200 screenshots into one DropBox album. A few of them are a bit old and still have FPS markers on them, but I wanted to post them here in case you guys wanted to use them for your own albums. I should have another set of new screenshots taken with the new computer in a few weeks as well.

Anyway, hope you like the trailer! :)

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

30 FPS is looking fantastic. Excellent work on the trailer, DEG! I love the dedication and effort you put forward to support the project.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

What Scamp said ^

This is looking terrific!
- Taniquetil

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

Excellent! ;-)

Darkelfguy
PT Modder

Post by Darkelfguy »

Here's the release trailer for the new SHOTN release, and I want to give a hearty congratulations to everyone on the team, I was quite surprised to see two province mods released on May 1st! Definitely looking forward to checking out the new content! :)

Of course I'm not completely satisfied with the launch trailer, it was very short-notice so I wasn't able to research a better suited music track. I had been planning something a little more "epic" sounding for the release, but this is all I could come up with in such a short amount of time, though the music here is a bit too mellow for my liking.

Anyway, I should have a release trailer for Stirk up on Thursday, followed by showcases in the coming weeks.

Again, I just have to say you guys have done an amazing job, this has certainly been the best Morrowind anniversary that I can remember, and I can't wait to see what's next! :)

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Thank you so much for doing this for us Darkelfguy. We really should have told you about this ahead of time, but it was a bit of a rush to get everything ready for the anniversary.

Would it be possibly for you to add Nexus links to the text of your old videos? I'm sure plenty of people could still come across them and discover us for the first time. Anything to make finding us easier would be appreciated.

Darkelfguy
PT Modder

Post by Darkelfguy »

Yeti wrote:Thank you so much for doing this for us Darkelfguy. We really should have told you about this ahead of time, but it was a bit of a rush to get everything ready for the anniversary.

Would it be possibly for you to add Nexus links to the text of your old videos? I'm sure plenty of people could still come across them and discover us for the first time. Anything to make finding us easier would be appreciated.
Oh yeah, I understand it was probably pretty hectic getting both projects ready for release at the same time. I've gone through and added download links to most of the old trailers and the like, but because YouTube disabled annotations on May 1st, I can't add text to the videos themselves. Hopefully people will check the video descriptions and be able to find the download links that way.

Darkelfguy
PT Modder

Post by Darkelfguy »

Well, I can't seem to add a video thread to the Province: Cyrodiil board, so here's the Stirk Release Trailer. Feel free to move this post elsewhere.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Thanks, darkelfguy! This looks great.

Darkelfguy
PT Modder

Post by Darkelfguy »

Well, since I wasn't able to really show off the new version of the Reach with that hastily assembled release trailer, I made a 30-minute showcase video to go into a bit more detail with everything included in the May release. Hopefully it doesn't spoil too much.

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Looks great to me Darkelfguy. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into your videos concerning us.

Return to “SHotN Screenshot Gallery”