OpenMW and SHotN

General project talk
Tes96
PT Modder

OpenMW and SHotN

Post by Tes96 »

Irrelevant to this discussion but the OpenMW team wants to look at Skyrim_Exterior.esp to see why it is causing a crash-to-desktop in version 0.35.0. Mind if I send them the file? I know we won't be using that esp forever but it's important for them to figure out why a plugin is causing a crash.

With Skyrim_Exterior.esp, I'm getting a crash-to-desktop when using OpenMW 0.35.0. It's fine for vanilla and MGE XE but not with OpenMW. I submitted a report here.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

I cannot confirm the crash on recent Win64 nightly, it's runing 0-1 fps though. What version do you use, when the crash happens, are you using most recent data?
Last edited by Tes96 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject title

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Moving this here.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

Lord Berandas wrote:I cannot confirm the crash on recent Win64 nightly, it's runing 0-1 fps though. What version do you use, when the crash happens, are you using most recent data?
Berandas, I'm using Data 21 and the 4 GB patch. I'm still getting a crash. I'm using the official 0.35.0 version and not any of the nightlies. Would you link me to the Nightly thread? Maybe they fixed whatever was causing this. Thanks.
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/9seNAtB.jpg[/hsimg]
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

You can find the most recent Win nightlies here: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does it crash without the Skyrim_Exterior.esp?
Did you try starting a new game? Sometimes that and deleting the openmw folder (letting the installer create a new one) in documents helps.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Tes96 wrote:Berandas, I'm using Data 21 and the 4 GB patch. I'm still getting a crash. I'm using the official 0.35.0 version and not any of the nightlies. Would you link me to the Nightly thread? Maybe they fixed whatever was causing this. Thanks.
You have no need to use the 4GB patch on OpenMW. Wouldn't surprise me if that was what was causing the problem.

There is a 64bit version of OpenMW, why would you use the 4gb patch?

EDIT: Moved to general as it something that works in vanilla problem and therefore an incompatibility with OpenMW.

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

It is possible to apply 4GB patch to OpenMW.exe? Thought it's something for Morrowind.exe only.
If so, then it definitely could be the reason.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

The 4GB patch isn specific to Morrowind at all. It's just a generic patch program.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

Lord Berandas wrote:You can find the most recent Win nightlies here: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does it crash without the Skyrim_Exterior.esp?
Did you try starting a new game? Sometimes that and deleting the openmw folder (letting the installer create a new one) in documents helps.
Now it's working fine with Skyrim_Exterior.esp but now it's crashing with TR_mainland.esp! :x
I don't know what to make of it, guys. I re-downloaded the Skyrim_Exterior so that it was clean (devoid of the 4GB patch). I downloaded and installed the 64-bit latest Nightly. I did have all esps working about 10 minutes ago. But now it's being a bitch and not working with TR_Mainland.esp. I'm tinkering with the load order to see if that makes a difference. There must be some kind of curse lingering over this build. I've attached a picture of my load order. Anybody see anything out of place?

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/X3tk2ts.jpg[/hsimg]

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

The 4GB patch has nothing to do with the Skyrim plug-in or datafile, it only modifies the vanilla .exe

Also, please don't attach every image. Use a service like imgur.

Darklocq
Forumite

Post by Darklocq »

Thieves Guild not joinable. I was in the big city, followed hints from a Khajiit, went to the pub, talked to the guy who was mentioned, was asked if was serious, then the dialogue just stopped. Using OpenMW 0.41 (nightly from about a week ago) on Mac OS 10.12, with latest SHotN from Nexus.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Sorry about that. The Thieves Guild has not been included as of yet, but the introductionary dialogue has. We are working on implementing the guild quests in the next release.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”