Thresvy Character Development

All topics related to NPCs, Quests and Dialogue
Infragris
Project Administrator

Thresvy Character Development

Post by Infragris »

BACKGROUND
Thresvy is a small fishing village along a sandy stretch of beach between Anvil and Sutch. The town is out of the way of major trade roads, and gets few visitors. The villagers lead a quiet, uncomplicated life: most are fishermen who sell their haul on the markets of Anvil and Sutch - or eat it themselves. Once a year, the whole village takes part in the harvest of the local lord's apple orchards, which are pressed into Aliyew.

Thresvy takes its name from old Thraswatch, an old watchtower built to warn the inland territories of Sload raids. The airships of Thras have not been seen for centuries, and the tower itself is little more than a circle of stones. The current village was rebuilt after the War of the Usurper, and few inhabitants remember what it was like before that time.

The ruler of Thresvy is Sigorn Lacorius, Lord of the Crossroads and member of the Colo-Nord faction. Like many of the penniless frontier lords, Sigorn leads a humble, sober life almost indistinguishable from that of a farmer or a country merchant. She is an upholder of the old Colo-Nordic ways, and takes her duty towards the villagers quite seriously. She does not care for the machinations of politics or trade, and has so far managed to avoid the County's problems.

EXTERIORS & INTERIORS
Thresvy consists of five to six fisherman shacks using the GC rural set (rough stone houses). The shacks are clustered together around a village well and a rickety fishing jetty where several rowboats are moored. The village features an inn which doubles as a general merchant (also using the rough GC tileset). To the east lies the large, but sober farming estate of Lacorius, surrounded by orchards and grain fields (using the more civilized rural GC brick houses). Further east, near the crossroads, lie the remains of Thraswatch (2nd Empire ruins) surrounded by the overgrown walls of Old Thresvy, the previous village (also using 2nd Empire ruins). The style and layout of these village ruins should repeat at Crowhaven and an as yet unnamed third location further up the shore.

The immediate neighborhood of Thresvy features a couple more ruins and Colovian barrows. The long stretch of abandoned shore to the west is littered with shipwrecks and saltwater grottos, as well as the ruins of Garlas Malatar and Mischarstette further to the north. The closest other settlement is Brinemoth fort to the south, a Legion outpost.

PEOPLE
The town is home to 14 people, most of whom are native fishermen. 7 Imperials, 3 Bosmer, 1 Argonian, 2 Redguard, 1 Nord.

0: Outside
- Tunarin: Bosmer, m, fisherman. Lives in Belluil's Shack.
- Thin-Thread: Argonian, m, fisherman. Lives in Thin-Thread's Shack .
- Bet Manni: Redguard, m, shipmaster. Provides sea transport to Anvil and Seppaki. On the docks, next to a longboat.

1: Miku's Shack
Home to a local Cyro-Redguard fisherwoman.
- Miku: Redguard, f, fisherman.

2: The Blind Watchtower Inn
The town's tavern, common house, and general merchant. A simple shack like every other house in town. The owner, Pessius Vrocha, has a small bed for rent. Apart from the locals, his inn is frequented by a wandering priest of Kynareth who offers some services.
- Pessius Vrocha: Imperial, m, publican
- Somi Ormach: Imperial (Nibenese), m, priest. Imperial Cult faction. Might provide healing or sell potions of some kind.
- Pollux Vadich: Imperial, m, fisherman. Lives in shack 4 (quest-relevant, see notes there).

3: Vadich Shack
Home of the Vadich family, local Colovian fishermen who lived in this area for generations. Pollux Vadich frequents the local inn. If he likes the player, Pollux might speak of his family history: his grandfather escaped the Usurper by fleeing inland, and later returned to find his home in ashes. The player can use clues from Pollux's story to dig up a small treasure in the ruins of Old Thresvy, which they can share with Pollux or keep to themselves.
- Iratia Vadich: Imperial, f, commoner.

4: Thin-Thread's Shack
Home to an Argonian fisherman. Empty.

5: Belluil's Shack
This shack is home to a family of three Bosmer who immigrated to Cyrodiil some ten years ago. Tunarin and Belluil are a couple, Riralis is an ill-defined clan-friend of some sort, a native Bosmer practice.
- Riralis: Bosmer, m, fisherman.
- Belluil: Bosmer, f, fisherman.

6: Locrus Matimus' Shack
Home to an Imperial hailing from the area of Skingrad. Locrus was once a merchant and minor nobleman, but gambled away his wealth in Anvil's pleasure halls. He hides in Thresvy hoping to avoid his debtors. Possible subject of a minor thieves guild quest to collect his gambling debts.
- Locrus Matimus: Imperial, m, commoner.

Lacorius Estate
The estate of Sigorn Lacorius is a large, sturdy farmhouse built with the defense of the town in mind. The farm is surrounded by small fields and an apple orchard. Inside, the estate features a pressing room and storage for Aliyew, as well as a small town hall. Besides Sigorn, two servants also live here: a Nordic farmhand and an old Imperial cook/housemaid.
- Sigorn Lacorius: Imperial, f, Knight, Colo-Nordic Lord faction.
- Adrik the Lean: Nord, m, commoner.
- Merania Chaldrav: Imperial, f, commoner.

Undertaker
Forumite

Post by Undertaker »

What about adding people from Oblivion's Add-On Thieves Den? They're "pirates" in Oblivion, but before that they could've been just regular fishermen and Thresvy fits that much better than Anvil.

They would be:
Jak Silver - Imperial
Khafiz - Redguard
Kovan Kren - Dunmer
Melliwin - Bosmer
John Hoff - Imperial
Tahm Blackwell - Imperial
Yinz'r - Argonian
Zedrick Green - Imperial

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I'm sorry, but most of those names are awful.

I don't think Thresvy needs a NPC makeover, I think it's pretty good as is.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Undertaker
Forumite

Post by Undertaker »

roerich wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 am I'm sorry, but most of those names are awful.
No need to be sorry, they're Bethesda names. ;)

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yes, I know :-D

John Hoff, classic Imperial name.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Updated OP to follow the interior claims numbering.

Return to “P:C Characters & Questing”