Topic: My Trade

All topics related to NPCs, Quests and Dialogue
worsas
Project Administrator

Topic: My Trade

Post by worsas »

I am a merchant. I look for goods that are well-made, that people want to buy, that I can buy and sell at a profit. There are many different kinds of materials I can buy and sell -- animal products, vegetable products, mineral products, even exotic products. Crafts and manufactured goods I deal in include weapons, armor, clothing, books, potions, enchanted items, and various housewares. I travel, talk with people I meet, buy what I like, and sell what people like.

I'm a warrior by trade. I know how to fight, when necessary, but I much rather look so tough that critters give up or run away when they see me. Personally, I favor long blades of all kinds -- they use long blades of many different styles and craftsmanships here in Cyrodiil -- and I wear medium armor, for a decent balance of protection and mobility. But I train with various weapon types and armor types. And like any good warrior, I'm my own armorer -- don't want to fight with worn weapons in worn armor.

I'm a barbarian, and proud of it. I like the wilderness, and know how to live comfortably off the land. I know the various creatures of the wild, how to hunt them, what bits are good to eat, and what bits the city-folk will pay for. I know weapons and armor, and how to stay healthy, so I can play soldier for pay. But I hate taking orders, so I rather live by hunting.

I'm what they call a crusader. Crusaders used to be warriors in service to a cult, but now any heavily armored warrior with a good cause calls himself a crusader. My good cause is hunting down necromancers and witches and bandits and other malefactors. And I do well by doing good -- salvage on arms, armor, and goods taken from malefactors earns me a good living. I'm tough and strong, so I wear heavy armor and use blunt weapons. And I won't fight with worn weapons or worn armor, so I'm my own armorer.

I'm a knight. I was born into privilege and have been blessed with a good education in the arts of war, healing and enchantment. My actions are guided by my faith and the code of chivalry.

I'm a scout. I know places, people, plants, paths, wind, and weather. I serve as guide for travelers and traders, or work as advance guard and pathfinder for expeditions. I know the geography of Cyrodiil, and the various geographic regions. My best defense is stealth, sneaking past trouble, but I can fight bow or blade, in various armor styles, when the job requires it.

I'm an archer. I'm the kind of fighter who hates getting hurt, so I ambush with my marksman weapons from a distance, then run like crazy when I can, and fight with long blades or spears when I must. I prefer spears because they're longer, and I keep farther from things trying to hurt me. If that sounds cowardly to you, you better stick with tin suits and fat axes.

I'm a lovable rogue, a silver-tongued devil with a taste for the better things in life. But lovable as I am, some people get upset with me, and so I must fight -- purely in self-defense, you understand. I like light armor and short blades for self defense; heavy armor and heavy weapons just tire you out. But I train with various different weapon types and armor types, so I can improvise when the situation demands it.

I'm a thief. I was born to be a thief. I love to sneak around in rich people's houses, and liberate their possessions. I enjoy puzzling out the security provisions on doors and chests, thrilling to the challenge and suspense of picking locks and disarming traps. And I've always had an interest in Imperial law -- property rights, criminal justice, bribes and graft. Me and the guards, we're old friends. And punitive labor isn't all that bad -- free food and board, fresh air, and good fellowship.

I'm a thief. I was born to be a thief. I love to sneak around in rich people's houses, and liberate their possessions. I enjoy puzzling out the security provisions on doors and chests, thrilling to the challenge and suspense of picking locks and disarming traps. I can sell you the tools of the trade -- the lockpick and probe. I can train you to be a better thief yourself, but you must make a generous contribution to my retirement fund. [service]

I'm an agent. I work for a noble family, or a company, or the state, and I do things that need doing. All sorts of things. Mostly I handle matters in the business or diplomatic line, things that require mercantile skills, or the arts of speechcraft. I trade in knowledge -- hard facts and rumors. 'Knowledge is power,' as they say. And sometimes I do other sorts of things. Things I can't talk about.

I'm an assassin. Killing is my profession. I am discrete, efficient, and reliable. In Cyrodiil assassins have been banned for hundreds of years, so I have to be careful to avoid detection by the authorities. Because I am discreet, I prefer short blades for swift, close-and personal work, while the marksman weapons like throwing stars and throwing knives are more suitable for stealth and surprise.

I'm an assassin. Killing is my profession. I am discrete, efficient, and reliable. In Cyrodiil assassins have been banned for hundreds of years, so I have to be careful to avoid detection by the authorities. Because I am discreet, I prefer short blades for swift, close-and personal work, while the marksman weapons like throwing stars and throwing knives are more suitable for stealth and surprise. I charge fair prices to train apprentices in the assassin's skills. [service]

I'm an acrobat. As an entertainer, my job is to amaze and amuse my patrons. But in my more discrete vocation as a second-story man and connoisseur of treasures and secrets, my job is to come and go without attracting notice, and to effectively discourage pursuit when I am noticed. Running, swimming, or leaping, my art is to leave my less-agile, less-swift pursuit behind.

I am a monk. In mind and spirit, I am a student of the hidden mysteries, of the unseen world that lies behind the objects and ideas of everyday life. In body, I am a student of the ancient martial arts, patterned on the 'Rain-of-Sand' fighting styles of Elsweyr. I pursue hand-to-hand and unarmored self-defense, because what you don't have, you cannot lose. I also train with the blunt weapons called staffs, because even the poorest peasant can own a staff.

I am a monk. In mind and spirit, I am a student of the hidden mysteries, of the unseen world that lies behind the objects and ideas of everyday life. In body, I am a student of the ancient martial arts, patterned on the 'Rain-of-Sand' fighting styles of Elsweyr. I pursue hand-to-hand and unarmored self-defense, because what you don't have, you cannot lose. I also train with the blunt weapons called staves, because even the poorest peasant can own a staff. To earn my keep, I train others in my skills. [service]

I am a pilgrim. I search for enlightenment, and hope to purify my soul through facing and overcoming the challenges of pilgrimages that reenact the tests and trials of saints and heroes. I visit the shrines and make devotions to the Nine everywhere I travel -- in towns and villages, large cities, and at the many wayshrines scattered throughout Cyrodiil.

I'm a fisherman. I use nets ands rods to catch fish to feed my family and to sell at the market. I sometimes fish at the shore, but most of the time I'm out in my boat. I know all the currents and where the fish will be at any time of the day or night.

I'm a fisherwoman. I use nets ands rods to catch fish to feed my family and to sell at the market. I sometimes fish at the shore, but most of the time I'm out in my boat. I know all the currents and where the fish will be at any time of the day or night.

I am a bard. As an entertainer, I share songs and stories with patrons and peasants. As a scholar, I travel the world, speaking with people, and learning the lessons of history and human nature. And because a good bard must experience adventure at first hand in order to present its drama effectively, I have learned to defend myself with the noble tools of medium armor and long blade, and have mastered minor mysteries of alchemy, enchantment, and illusion.

I am a mage. My study is the destruction and alteration of the visible and invisible world. I study magic for its pure intellectual challenge and rewards, but I am paid in gold for the practical applications of my knowledge. Further, when undertaking expeditions in search of knowledge, I defend myself with spells of the College of Destruction, and leap, swim, and levitate with the spells of the College of Alteration.

I am a mage. My study is the destruction and alteration of the visible and invisible world. I study magic for its pure intellectual challenge and rewards, but I am paid in gold for the practical applications of my knowledge. I defend myself with spells of the College of Destruction, and leap, swim, and levitate with the spells of the College of Alteration. I sell spells, and I am a spellmaker who creates spells to your specifications. I can also teach you in my skills, for a fee. [service]

I am a sorcerer. Through my mastery of special disciplines of the College of Conjuration, and my private studies of the Outer Realms and their Powers and Principalities, I have learned to summon and command their denizens to do my bidding. I do these things for coin, or to suit my own interests. I also am an enchanter, enchanting items for my own use and for the use of others. My skill with enchantments also makes me more efficient in using enchanted items that I collect on my research expeditions.

I am a sorcerer. I am a master of the College of Conjuration, and I have learned to summon and command the denizens of the Outer Realms to do my bidding. I also am an enchanter, enchanting items for my own use and for the use of others. My skill with enchantments also makes me more efficient in using enchanted items that I collect on my research expeditions. I sell spells, and I am a spellmaker who creates spells to your specifications. I can also teach you in my skills, for a fee.

I am a healer. I have sworn solemn oaths in the College of Restoration to heal the afflicted and cure the diseased. But I have also learned that preventing harm to others often requires a more active opposition to monsters and malefactors, so I have studied both the unarmed, unarmored martial arts of the Khajiit and the light armored and blunt weapon styles of the Imperial West, both for self-defense, and for disabling or killing dangerous opponents.

I am a healer. I have sworn solemn oaths in the College of Restoration to heal the afflicted and cure the diseased. But I have also studied both the unarmed, unarmored martial arts of the Khajiit and the light armored and blunt weapon styles of the Imperial West, both for self-defense, and for disabling or killing dangerous opponents. I sell spells, and I am a spellmaker who creates spells to your specifications. I can also teach you in my skills, for a fee.

I am a Battlemage. Though arrayed as a Western knight with heavy armor, axes and long blades, my primary training is in the College of Alteration, the College of Destruction, and the College of Conjuration. To round out my education, I have mastered enchantments and alchemy. Potions made through alchemy, or purchased from alchemists, grant me the magics of the Restoration, Mysticism, and Illusion Colleges. And can there be any more terrible master of the science of war than a battlemage? I think not.

I am a Battlemage. Though arrayed as a Western knight with heavy armor, axes and long blades, my primary training is in the College of Alteration, the College of Destruction, and the College of Conjuration. To round out my education, I have mastered enchantments and alchemy. I sell spells, and I am a spellmaker who creates spells to your specifications. I can also teach you in my skills, for a fee.

I am a witchhunter. I dedicate body and soul to the destruction of profane magics. Most foul are necromancers, who defile the bodies and spirits of the sacred dead. Equally abominable are the evil Daedra worshippers. The Daedra Lords delight in the torment and corruption of mortals, and they reward followers with terrible powers always used for evil purposes. In employing the tools of the Enemy -- the spells of the College of Conjuration -- I risk contamination, but fire must be fought with fire.

I am a spellsword. I make war with spell and sword, combining the arts of the College of Restoration, the College of Alteration, and the College of Destruction with training in medium armor style, in block defense, and in the offensive disciplines of axes, blunt weapons, and long blades. I rely on enchanted weapons and enchanted armors to further augment my offensive and defensive abilities. This balance of steel and spell, offense and defense, mobility and protection is the signature of the Spellsword.

I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible.

I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the agent and wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. I sell spells, and I am a spellmaker who creates spells to your specifications. I can also teach you in my skills, for a fee. [service]

I'm an alchemist. Alchemy is the process of refining and preserving the magical properties hidden in natural and supernatural ingredients. I sell potions. I also sell the various kinds of apparatus alchemists need to make potions, and buy and sell ingredients.

I'm an alchemist. Alchemy is the process of refining and preserving the magical properties hidden in natural and supernatural ingredients. I sell potions. I also sell the various kinds of apparatus alchemists need to make potions, and buy and sell ingredients.

I'm an apothecary. I brew and sell potions to heal wounds, restore bodily and mental attributes, and cure diseases. I also buy and sell ingredients.

I'm a bookseller. I buy and sell books. I also read books, and know the sorts of things you read in books. I don't mind sharing what I know about Cyrodiil lore, and am happy to share a little advice, if you're interested. I can also suggest who to talk to if you want to know more about a subject.

I'm a gondolier. I can ferry you by gondola to various nearby destinations for a modest fee.

I'm a shipmaster. I can transport you by ship to various destinations for a modest fee.

I'm a sailor. I work on a ship performing manual laboring tasks for my captain. I am trained to use cutlasses and axes to defend myself if we're attacked by pirates or sea monsters. It's a tough life, and dangerous, but I get to see more of Tamriel than most folk could dream of.

I'm a guild guide. I can teleport you to various destinations for a modest fee.

I am a clothier. I make clothes and sell them. I also buy clothes in good condition; with a little work I can make them good as new and resell them. I usually make and sell Imperial clothing, but I'm sometimes asked to order in more exotic clothes from all around Tamriel.

I am a commoner. I do whatever needs doing -- cooking, cleaning, building, baking, making, breaking. Since you're new to these parts, perhaps you'd like me to share a little local lore.

I am a drillmaster. I train and condition the local militia. I teach the citizens the basics of block, spear, and long blade, but mostly I concentrate on athletics and acrobatics, because conditioning is the biggest weakness of the citizen-soldier. No point teaching them to fight if they pass out after a short jog in full kit.

I am a drillmaster. I train and condition the local militia. I teach the citizens the basics of block, spear, and long blade, but mostly I concentrate on athletics and acrobatics, because conditioning is the biggest weakness of the citizen-soldier. No point teaching them to fight if they pass out after a short jog in full kit.

I am an enchanter. I enchant things, and sell them. I have scrolls, which are cheap, but only work once, and enchanted items, which work over and over again, but which are NOT cheap. I also make my enchanter's lab available to those who want to enchant items, but who can't afford the expense of building and maintaining a lab. I charge for the service, of course, but you must provide the items, soul gems, and magic effects. I also buy and sell enchanted weapons, enchanted armor, and enchanted clothing.

I am an enchanter. I enchant things, and sell them. I have scrolls, which are cheap, but only work once, and enchanted items, which work over and over again, but which are NOT cheap. I also make my enchanter's lab available to those who want to enchant items, but who can't afford the expense of building and maintaining a lab. I charge for the service, of course, but you must provide the items, soul gems, and magic effects. I also buy and sell enchanted weapons, enchanted armor, and enchanted clothing. [service]

I am an enforcer. There are rules. The boss makes the rules. I enforce them. You break the rules, and you don't get to live a long productive life. So don't break the rules.

I am a farmer. I grow crops, and raise animals for food, and gather animal products and vegetable products from the land for my own use or for sale at the markets.

I am a hunter. I range across the jungles and highlands of Cyrodiil, hunting for meat and hides. I know all the native creatures of Cyrodiil, and know how to avoid those that are diseased for they are worthless and dangerous for the careless hunter. I can tell you all about the different regions of Cyrodiil, if you are interested.

I am a master-at-arms. I am a master of all the basic hand weapon types: long blades, short blades, axes, blunt weapons, and spears. I am willing to train with weapons, for a fee.

I am a miner. I labor underground extracting valuable ores from the rocks. Many of the mines in Cyrodiil contain only boring but useful iron and copper. However, others are sources of more valuable ores like gold and silver, as well as gemstones such as rubies.

I am a noble, elevated by birth and distinction to the highest ranks of Imperial society. I do not have a trade, as such, though I may dabble in various affairs, collecting rare treasures of beauty and refinement. And if such things are valuable, there's no harm in it. My lofty station is not without responsibilities, of course. I must serve at the command of the Emperor and the Councils, giving counsel and support, and, when duty calls, taking spell and sword to protect the smallfolk of the Empire.

I am a pauper, one of the humble smallfolk. I make my way in the world as best I can, laboring in the fields, kitchens, and factories of lords and merchants. When times are good, I live well enough by my own work. When times are hard, I must hope for the charity of the nobles and wealthy merchants.

I am a pawnbroker. I buy your goods, giving you cash on the counter, and if, at a later date, you wish to recover your goods, you need only pay me what they are worth -- with a small profit, of course, for my time and trouble. I also sell things, sometimes used and worn, sometimes almost new, and all for a fraction of what they'd cost if purchased elsewhere.

I am a priest of the Imperial cult. My role is advocate to the gods on behalf of our cult members. The Imperial cult provides certain benefits for its members at our shrines. + IC faction

I am a priest of the Imperial cult. My role is advocate to the gods on behalf of our cult members. The Imperial cult provides certain benefits for its members at our shrines. [service] + IC faction

I am a publican. I have food to buy, and beds for lodgers. I also know the neighborhood, and can share the local lore, or, if you prefer, I can give you a little Cyrodiil lore. I also am likely to have heard the latest rumors, and am happy to share them with you in the spirit of fellowship.

I am a savant. I am a man of wide learning and cosmopolitan tastes, a well-traveled man, educated, refined in manner, able to converse on various topics with authority, and a man ever ready to defend his honor, and the honor of my companions. In short, you see before you a gentleman. I can discourse upon history, speechcraft, language, and customs. And, for a fee, I offer training that will permit you to share a few of my many virtues. + male

I am a savant. I am a man of wide learning and cosmopolitan tastes, a well-traveled man, educated, refined in manner, able to converse on various topics with authority, and a man ever ready to defend his honor, and the honor of my companions. In short, you see before you a gentleman. I can discourse upon history, speechcraft, language, and customs. And, for a fee, I offer training that will permit you to share a few of my many virtues. [service] + male

I am a savant. I am a woman of wide learning and cosmopolitan tastes, a well-traveled woman, educated, refined in manner, able to converse on various topics with authority, and a woman ever ready to defend her honor, and the honor of my companions. In short, you see before you a gentlewoman. I can discourse upon history, speechcraft, language, and customs. And, for a fee, I offer training that will permit you to share a few of my many virtues. + female

I am a savant. I am a woman of wide learning and cosmopolitan tastes, a well-traveled woman, educated, refined in manner, able to converse on various topics with authority, and a woman ever ready to defend her honor, and the honor of my companions. In short, you see before you a gentlewoman. I can discourse upon history, speechcraft, language, and customs. And, for a fee, I offer training that will permit you to share a few of my many virtues. [service] + female

I am a sharpshooter. I make my living as a mercenary, working on short contracts as a caravan guard or expedition escort, or for long term contracts to nobles or merchants. I have mastered the various marksman weapons, and can train you in their use, for a modest fee.

I am a smith. I make, sell, and repair weapons and armor. I can tell you about the basic armor styles and weapon types. I can also tell you how to take care of worn weapons and worn armor, and sell you the armorer tools you need. I also repair weapons and armor, for a fee.

I am a trader, a general merchant. I travel, look for opportunities to make a profit. I'm not making any trades at present.

I am a trader, a general merchant. I buy and sell a little of everything -- weapons ,armor, clothes, books, miscellaneous items of all kinds. Take a look around; let me know what you want. Or if you have things you'd like to sell, let me take a look at them, and I'll give you a price. [service]

I'm a warlock. I have bound myself by oath and deed to the service of a Daedra lord, and in return have received gifts of knowledge and power. Some people say that my patrons are evil, and perhaps they aren't very nice... but I guess I'm not very nice, either. If you are curious, and not afraid, I can tell you a little about the Daedra and Daedric summonings.

I'm a witch. I have bound myself by oath and deed to the service of a Daedra lord, and in return have received gifts of knowledge and power. Some people say that my patrons are evil, and perhaps they aren't very nice... but I guess I'm not very nice, either. If you are curious, and not afraid, I can tell you a little about the Daedra and Daedric summonings.

I gather the news -- what happens -- what people care about, and need to know. And I print it, and make it available, so people can learn the truth about what's going on.

I keep things clean and running smoothly. I keep an eye on things. I make sure we have enough of what is needed, and make sure no one walks off with things.

I'm a gardener. I tend the plants and trees, and keep things looking pretty. I watch the weather closely and make sure the plants don't get too wet or too dry.

Return to “P:C Characters & Questing”