P:C bugs

Report any errors from the P:C public files here
destinedtodie
Forumite

P:C bugs

Post by destinedtodie » Tue May 02, 2017 10:24 am

I get this error on every frame and it's significantly hampering my fps. I get in in the town of Stirk.

Mooncrabs seem to have missing sounds, as well as missing idle animation.

I wondered why there was a giant black square on my minimap, so I used TCL and found this.

The trap on this door does not trigger when it's opened.

Lighthouse door acts strangely, sometimes showing the cell transition destination, sometimes not. Interestingly, the interior version of it does not have this issue.

I feel like this stairs should have a collision mesh so I can more smoothly move up. The collision should be in the shape of a slide for the smoothest experience.

Another object missing something and hampering FPS.

Not sure if it's a bug, but small slaughterfish at Vabrasiel are friendly.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Re: P:C bugs

Post by Infragris » Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Small slaughterfish are always friendly, even in vanilla Morrowind.

destinedtodie
Forumite

Post by destinedtodie » Wed May 03, 2017 5:49 am

That's strange. In vanilla Morrowind both slaughterfish and small slaughterfish have 100 fight, 0 flee 0 alarm 0 hello (checked CS). Unless the regular slaughterfish is also friendly, the small one shouldn't be either. I coc'ed to Khuul with only Morrowind.esm, Tribunal.esm and Bloodmoon.esm loaded and immediately got attacked by small slaughterfish.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris » Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah, disregard that. Seems like there is some kind of ai bug with them? We'll look into it.

Iskuss1418
Forumite

Bug, Stirk, Quest: Atmospheric Dictative

Post by Iskuss1418 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:43 pm

For the quest 'Atmospheric Dictative' you talk to Procis Popillious in the lighthouse. He tells you how to get all the items you need to complete the quest. However, if you ask him how to get the lens, he will not be able to tell you how to get any of the other items. when you ask about the lens, he sends you to get groceries for him, and when you've done that he won't tell you how to get the rest of the items. He just says 'Was the lens any good?'.

SGMonkey
Project Administrator

Post by SGMonkey » Sun May 07, 2017 11:58 pm

With regards to the black square. That's not a bug. Its a technique used in vanilla morrowind to mask out certain areas on the minimap.

Also, have you seen any of these errors in vanilla engine?
OpenMW isn't exactly bug free. I know some of these issues like the collision are mod related. But its hard to tell at this stage which are caused by OpenMW or the mod.

Iskuss1418
Forumite

Post by Iskuss1418 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 am

The missing animations bug is an OpenMW bug, but they fixed it in version .43 which sadly isn't out yet.
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3793

destinedtodie
Forumite

Post by destinedtodie » Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 pm

SGMonkey wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 11:58 pm
Also, have you seen any of these errors in vanilla engine?
The thing with Vanilla Engine is that when it has an error, it doesn't necessarily tell you. It might be having a hundred internal errors going on inside and not make a single squeak. OpenMW is a bit more local and lets you know when there's an issue. Just because OpenMW tells you there is an error and vanilla engine stays silent does not mean vanilla engine is not getting any errors. Often it crashes without telling me what error made it crash.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry » Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 pm

In vanilla MW there is a Warning.txt file in main Morrowind directory (not Data Files, but where the launcher is) that autoupdates itself every time and records everything that's off. Probably it won't record all the bugs, but anything that caused the crash would likely be mentioned by the end of that file; at least from my experience, that is.

Iskuss1418
Forumite

(OpenMW)Stirk, The Helvor Legacy, No map marker

Post by Iskuss1418 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:34 am

The quest The Helvor Legacy has you talk to a member of the Archaeology Society for directions to two Colo-Nordic tombs on Stirk. She will tell you their approximate locations dialogue and mark them on your map. However, once you leave the conversation there is no way to get to the information. Your journal doesn't tell you where she said the tombs were and instead says that she marked the locations on your map. They don't appear on the map though, and she won't tell you where they are again if you forgot.

The map problem is reproducible for me, but a more detailed journal entry might be an easier fix.
Also, is this the spot to put quest related bugs?

Return to “P:C Playtesting & Error Reporting”