Region Planning: Sundered Hills

worsas
Project Administrator

Region Planning: Sundered Hills

Post by worsas »

A thread for discussing the grey wasteland area in the Reach.

This area probably needs relatively little work. But what I'm currently wondering about is whether this region should be made more plausible. At the moment it seems like all the trees were just recently green and it turned into a wasteland all of a sudden only leaving dead trees behind. It would make more sense to show The Sundered Hills as an arid, but living region with both dead and alive flora.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I agree, but I think the dead or dry trees are very visually pleasing here. Like you are proposing we should have some living flora too.

I don't think everything in-universe needs to be explained, but we should have some discussion on why this area turned out the way it did. One thing I'd love is to relate it somehow to the Barrowlands of P:C. I even think they are almost connected? Of course being distinct and not just Barrowlands - Reach Edition. Old Hrol'dan being situated here is also significant.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Perhaps when Talos shouted down the walls of Hroldan, the resulting shockwave shattered the rocks for miles around, leaving the gravel and dead trees of the sundered hills?
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Return to “The Reach”