Region planning: Falkar Foothills

worsas
Project Administrator

Region planning: Falkar Foothills

Post by worsas »

The Falkar Foothills are the light-blue area on this map:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... nDraft.jpg[/hsimg]

In this region the mesas and cliffs of The Reach should gradually fade out towards the hilly landscape of western Haafinheim. It should have 1-2 larger hills that visually accompany mount snowhawk from afar.

The general look of the region could be this, except that there should be a few grassy spots, especially in the southern part. I would like this area to be less rock-cluttered than the other reach areas:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... 01.606.jpg[/hsimg]

Trees: Mixture of haafinheim and reach-trees.
Rocks: blank 04 rocks
Container plants: Bleakbell Hay, Stoneflower, Vicar Herb, Bolete, Rust russula, Tawny Funnel Cap and blackspore cap. Mistletoe? Holliberries and Belladonna?
Smaller plants: Mainly pine bushes? dry grass and shrubs. some semi-dry shrubs?

Any additional input?

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

What sort of cell range should the transition between Grassy-reach and Falkar take up? As I remember various discussions on how abrupt the transitions should be.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Luxray wrote:What sort of cell range should the transition between Grassy-reach and Falkar take up? As I remember various discussions on how abrupt the transitions should be.
The two bottom rows of cells should have more grass and dirt than pineneedles. In the third row the dry ground should probably become dominant, although, it might make sense to push it a little bit towards north, still. Snow should begin behind the haafinheim border.

Return to “The Reach”