Direnni ruins

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Direnni ruins

Post by roerich »

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/hM26CNU.jpg[/hsimg]

An attempt to create an overview of the Direnni ruins of the Reach, as well as history and lore.
All names and functions are up for debate. I created them with inspiration from Hafnir's languages.

I think we could do with one or two more ruins.

Amhrothal

A mining facility, mining orichalum and other ores. Also served as an important centre for craftsmer.

Anga Tor

A military outpost and the holding of a minor Direnni lord, guarding Amhrothal.

Fanachs Direnni (Elfstone Keep)

The easternmost outpost of the Direnni Hegemony. A mighty fortress guarding the river Karth and the entrance to the Reach. The de-facto capital of the Eastern Reach province, and the seat of the Direnni 'governor' of these lands. The fortress was founded on the base of an older Falmer/Reachmen hybrid settlement, and was the location of a yearly market between the Falmer of the East and the Reach and Bjoulsae tribes of the West.

Mirilstaren

The holding of a Direnni mage-lord who ruled the lands that make up the Druadach Highlands.

Tarnwasel

Originally an outpost guarding the eastern border, Tarnwasel was the first Direnni holding that greeted the Ayleid refugees during the Alessian Pogroms. The refugee camp eventually grew into a small village, and thus the city of Karthwasten was founded. It was the only actual Direnni(/Ayleid) city in the Eastern Reach, the Direnni otherwise only settling inside their fortress walls. The Reachmen still call Karthwasten 'Mernuin' or 'Elf-town'.

Vabrencul

A port fortress guarding the ship traffic to and from the outskirts of the Direnni Hegemony, the holding of a powerful mage-lord. It also served as a dock for the mines of Amhrothal.

Vars Tharnil

An important military fortress guarding the mesa pass leading to the Dragonfields.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

As far as I'm considered, we can go with everything proposed here. Names seem good to me, as does the paper map atop.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

I'm with worsas here. It's great stuff. Also: have these descriptions written by pompous Direnni penman, throw in this map, and we have first of our Direnni books finished.
roerich wrote:I think we could do with one or two more ruins.
Well, I was thinking this clearing in claim #11 would make a feasible spot for one, even if it lays quite far in the east (but not farer than Karhwasten and Markarth, in this case); Direnni ruins within the forest would be a novelty. Finding the purpose for it is beyound me though; maybe some spires (using upscaled tower meshes, connected with walkways? I don't know how good would it look like) of Direnni conjurer that seeked tranquillity here for his experiments, with dungeons filled with daedra?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Thanks. The map was just to provide an overview, but with some alterations it could fit in a book. I have some names I would like to alter, also to show a difference in Direnni dialect from standard Aldmeris. Amrothal -> Amrothil, Mirilstaren -> Mirilstern

A forest ruin would be interesting, but it would have to be modest.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Return to “The Reach”