Dunstad discussion

roerich
Project Administrator

Dunstad discussion

Post by roerich » Thu May 12, 2016 10:04 am

In the spirit of plannning properly - it's time to start the discussion on Dunstad. Worsas and me has had some initial discussion on IRC, but nothing is set in stone. Personally I'd avoid overusing the Dun- prefix (Dunstiorr, Dunstad, Dunbarrow, Duntar, Dunkreath - in a game where Dunmer is a pretty important word), but I'd love to see more settlements with -stad. The settlement should be Nordic in nature, but it could be one of the fiefs previously owned by an Imperial noble. The name Dunstad Grove suggests a wooded location, and I think it will fit fine in the Solitude Forest.

Role: Thane seat
Architecture: Either Haafingar set or preferably a more rural style of Nord wooden houses.
Size: 10-15 interiors.
Ruler: Thane ___
Economy: Timber, mining

Background:

Dunstad first appeared in Arena as Dunstad Grove.
In TES V it has suffered the fate of many villages, it has turned into a ruined fort.

Proposed location:

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/rUAPzld.jpg[/hsimg]
1: Expanding upon or rebuilding the logger camp here.
2: On the edge of a forest clearing.

Both locations are further west than the two location it has previously been located in, but I think it works well with our map and distribution of settlements.

roerich
Project Administrator

Re: Dunstad discussion

Post by roerich » Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 am

[hsimg=]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/q ... 1-33-0.jpg[/hsimg]

I found this design on Google, when I googled Dunstad Grove. I don't know who made it, or if it's possibly somewhere in the Exterior File. I rather like the design, though obviously the Skaal houses are to be replaced.

worsas
Project Administrator

Re: Dunstad discussion

Post by worsas » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm

I think we should go by choice 1 and turn the the logger camp into Dunstad, keeping it as a small site for the most part.

Return to “Haafingar”