Region Planning: Small Marsh Plains

worsas
Project Administrator

Region Planning: Small Marsh Plains

Post by worsas »

Small discussion for a small subregion:
roerich wrote:-The light green area in the southeast I've actually pictured (and I think we might have discussed?) to be a seasonally flooded lowlands. Which might explain why there's no settlements or farms here, but that it could be used for grazing cattle. I like the shrine in this area (same point about candles), but perhaps ruins here should be added at the highest points? Also, feel free to add a few shallow pools here to add to this. Flooded barrow could work here, it's looking nice
Should the container plants be like in Solitude Forest?

How should this relate to the Ridgelands region? Where does this region end and the ridgelands start?

Ted
Forumite

Post by Ted »

Maybe swamps will be on low lands that follow river? Like it kinda part of river but become swamp near coasts with constant, but small water level. Lands that more far from river coast still swamp, but there much less water.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I propose merging this region with the Ridgelands and following this style there. It can be named [something] Plains and just have a lowlands and a highlands part. I don't want too many mini-regions.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I agree on limiting the number of mini-regions. Merging this area with the Ridgelands sounds reasonable to me. If we go with that option, I don't necessarily think it would need a separate name. Just make it a lower area that transitions into the higher parts.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Great. That way, the Ridgelands will cover the area between The Reach, Solitude Forest, Eldersblood Peak and Sundered hills/Lake Ilinalta. That's a good size for a region.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

In that case I suggest locking this thread and continuing needed discussion in the ridgelands thread here.

Return to “Haafingar”