Vanilla Creatures

General project talk
Infragris
Project Administrator

Vanilla Creatures

Post by Infragris »

Some of the creatures from the base game (skeletons, goblins, higher-ranked daedra, etc.) have leveled items on them that are specific to Morrowind: Dwemer and Glass weapons, local bandit loot, etc. Considering this, and the possibility of conflicts with creature replacer mods (for example, mods that diversify the skeletons with dunmer-specific designs) I think it might be a good idea to create PC-specific copies of all useable vanilla creatures. As an added bonus, this allows us to replace their models with more appropriate ones later on (like the muskrat idea).

I no-one objects, I'll do this and merge it into the Stirk main file (since I'm also setting up basic leveled lists in that file).

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I wouldn't know what speaks against setting this up. The goblins should use our own goblin axe for them, btw. I'm thinking about the vanilla goblin weapons to be more or less local to morrowind., which is why there is a custom weapon for them in Skyrim data and a custom weapon for the goblins in Cyrodiil.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

That makes sense. In that case, we should expand the set with a native goblin shield, club and maybe a sword, otherwise every goblin has the same weapon. The goblin cave on Stirk still uses Morrowind goblin weapons, I'll see about replacing them.

In time, the goblin creatures could also use a retex (different color tunics, armor in line with the native weapon styles) but that's not really a priority.

Return to “P:C General Discussion”