Greetings, Province: Cyrodiil!

General project talk
Anumaril
-Banned-

Greetings, Province: Cyrodiil!

Post by Anumaril »

Hello, everyone! I'm Anumaril, a newcomer to this project and a hopeful contributor. In time, I plan to help with interiors, but as my current schedule is quite restrictive, I'm looking to assist in the lore department and perhaps do some quest design. I'm fairly well-versed in the lore, with my specialties being Ayleids, and Mer in general. Anything I can assist with in that regard, I greatly look forward to.

I did have a few questions concerning the project, if you've the time to answer them. I'd like to know what lore-wise is being utilized for the project. I'm aware you'd like to diverge from Oblivion, but is the project referencing strictly pre-Oblivion history and lore books? Or is content from Oblivion, Skyrim, or ESO available for reference or inspiration when designing Province: Cyrodiil?

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Welcome! New interest is certainly appreciated, make yourself at home on these forums, or come hang by IRC if you want to talk to us crazy bunch. :)

We are mainly sourcing lore from the PGE version 1, but anything cool from later works post-Morrowind is certainly being incorporated (e.g. ayleid design).

Ask any other questions, I'm sure others will be along!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Thank you, been keeping up with PC for a while, really impressed with what you've all accomplished so far. Hopefully I can be of some use to the project. Glad you're not too stern with the Pre-Oblivion focus, especially considering most interesting Ayleid lore comes from Oblivion and ESO.

Another thing I was curious about was if you had any general plans or ideas you're following for Ayleids. Their culture, impact on 3E Cyrodiil, etc.; as they are what I'm most passionate about in TES, and am hoping to assist where possible with them. Going to be looking through older forums posts, but any direction would be welcome.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

We're hoping to give Ayleid culture a bit more depth than it had in Oblivion by showcasing things like furniture and utensils - miscellaneous objects, similar to the Dwemer items on Vvardenfell, which indicate something of the Ayleid customs and daily life. We're also working on Ayleid-specific creatures and enemy types, something that was sorely missing in Oblivion: Welkynd Spirits, Redeemed Servants, undead sorceror-kings, etc.

The Ayleid still have an impact on modern-day Cyrodiil: Imperials have a kind of love-hate relationship with their heritage, with some praising their art and advanced culture, and others reviling them because of the torture and slavery. Factions like the Ayleid Revivalist Movement sees to re-introduce Ayleid customs in Imperial culture, and some of the older noble families claim to have Ayleid blood.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Sounds interesting, Infragis; I've been reading up on threads in the old forums to get caught up, where should I post any ideas or how do I gain access to the mod development sections of the forum? Excited to take part in discussion and there's some thoughts I had related to region geography, location details, etc. for Kvatch County. I know the Gold Coast is the current focus, but I had a rush of inspiration when thinking about Kvatch and the surrounding lands.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

To join the project, you can post a modding showcase over here. A showcase can consist of anything (concept art, design documents, models, textures, etc.) but we do ask that you try to include something made in the Construction Set, like an interior cell, exterior, or quest. Even if you are not planning to work with these parts of the project, it is important to familiarize yourself with the functions and limitations of the engine. The usual showcase is something like an Imperial or Hlaalu house, fully furnished, with a quality level comparable to that of vanilla Morrowind.

Anumaril
-Banned-

Post by Anumaril »

Posted an interior showcase, looking forward to assessment!

Return to “P:C General Discussion”