News!

General project talk
Biboran
Forumite

News!

Post by Biboran »

I know that maybe this sounds importunately and stupid, but I have not heard the news about the province of Cyrodiil for a long time. When will the new release?We have already started to work on exteriors kvatacha and Satch? At what stage is the development in general now?
Very interesting, what are you currently working on. :D

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Everything's been pretty quit. There's been no progress on exteriors or game areas like Sutch and Kvatch save some design concepts - these areas will likely require new assets, so that's still some way off. At the moment, we're focused on finishing the release area of Stirk (addig NPC's and dialogue) and expanding out design documents for the province as a whole: laying a solid foundation for the rest of the project, so to speak. We have a rather limited staff at the moment, so progress is not very fast.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Okay. Maybe new video in Morrowind Modding Showcases can attract new people.

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

I honestly don't know what needs to be done to attract modders anymore, our little family is growing older and losing interest or becoming busy adults (that'd be me... :cry: ) the demand to play something like this mod is far greater than the want to make it happen these days and that is a frustrating thing. In the old days people who wanted to play would come in and try to help but those are fewer and further between.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I think part of the problem is that there are 3 big province mods, opposed to when TR was the only one. Maybe you should consider making PC and SHOTN one mod?

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

Honestly, I don't think that is the problem. From my point of view, the lack of actually playable content released is the problem. The only release of P:C was a lifeless island. I checked it's content back then, but I don't actively play it, since there is nothing to play with.
Both of the project landsacapes are completely isolated from Morrowind and player cannot actually visit them, without using the console command. If the landscape could be simply reachable, "just by walking over" the western mountains, that would be something completely different and one could plan his travels to these undiscovered lands. ;-)

griff
PT Modder

Post by griff »

What we need is a new release of stirk now. The best of my knowledge all interiors are complete and all thats left is npcing and bug finding. Is there someway that there could be a new release of stirk with all interiors implemented.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Yes, this is very much a topic that bothers me, too.

But opposed to the time of our first release, we now have a big amount of things like clothing, armors and creatures that we can show on this island and that we we'll have readily available for npcing on the continent. There are many things being done that should gradually emerge as palpable playing content now.

I would rather wait for the fully npced stirk, because I and others have worked hard to provide the assets for equiping these and creatures to be added to the Ayleid Dungeon and the Crypt. The (imo) real problem is that the willingness to design dialogue and npcs and quests and implement them is a rare asset on this board. All npcing work is being done by Infragris today.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

worsas wrote:The (imo) real problem is that the willingness to design dialogue and npcs and quests and implement them is a rare asset on this board. All npcing work is being done by Infragris today.
This is no surprise - I think most major projects flounder on dialogue. Morrowind dialogue is an enormous pain to work with out of the box, and this is compounded by the fact that you have to add all kinds of flags and duplicates to make it work properly for another province. TR has the advantage that they can recycle a lot of generic dialogue from Vvardenfell, the cultural and geographical background being similar. For PC and SHotN, you have to add a new dialogue topic for every throwaway line that mentions the Dunmer. Not to mention that trying to work on dialogue in the normal CS generates dirty edits and bugs at an exponential rate.

Return to “P:C General Discussion”