Passage to Cyrodiil

General project talk
Infragris
Project Administrator

Passage to Cyrodiil

Post by Infragris »

We have to provide an easy means of transportation to and from Stirk, as was discussed on IRC. This fast travel point will be our only edit to the Vvardenfell landmass, and should have a minimal impact so as to avoid mod conflicts. Elaborating on the discussion made on IRC, we will need three things:
  • One NPC, Titus Corilex, either on the Ebonheart docks or in the East Empire offices there. An Imperial with one of the new Colovian faces, member of the East Empire Company (Negotiator) wearing a suit of expensive Colovian clothing (our new stuff, makes him easy to find). When spoken to, Titus will say that he is organizing a large shipment of ebony back to Cyrodiil, and has need of mercenaries to protect his cargo. He will offer the player a one-way trip as far as Stirk at a sharp discount – 800 gold.
  • (optional) a large galleon along with some clutter in sight of the Ebonheart Docks. This has no real function other than immersion.
  • One NPC, Quintex Doralis, in the harbor of Stirk. Also a member of the East Empire Company (Negotiator). He will offer transport back to Ebonheart for pretty much the same reason: a ship with various Imperial luxuries (brandy,silk etc.) is passing by soon, heading for Vvardenfell.
Once Anvil has been released, we could consider moving the arrival point and location of Quintex Cantiber to Anvil, as it makes a lot more sense for the East Empire Company to ship its wares there. The player could still decide to jump ship at Stirk, for a small discount.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Adding a galleon to the Ebonheart docks might already cause a number of mod conflicts, whereas I can't imagine many people being bothered by a lack of immersion on that matter. I'd rather see just one NPC on the docks with a bit of dialogue.
Then again, if a mod changes the layout of the Ebonheart docks an NPC might also be a conflict. Not such a major one, though.

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

I brought up this point in IRC, the mood was that there woudln't be too many conflicts as there are not many mods to that area around Ebonheart. Obviously the lone NPC is the safest way to avoid conflicts, but the ship would bring more immersion. I don't much care either way, the dialog could always be made to state some reason for not seeing the ship in the immediate vicinity. IE It arrives tonight blah blah blah etc.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

A ship isn't necessary, in my opinion. An interior modders time would be better spent on an interior used in Cyrodiil itself.

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

A ship doesn't mean we have to have an interior, but I agree a ship isn't needed.

Ruarl
Forumite

Post by Ruarl »

Old time lurker here. Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this, but I guess I'll shoot the question and see.

Why is P:C starting the province at the far west of the landmass at the Golden Coast? I would find it logical to start close to the tamriel rebuild landmass project, the north east in particular.

Since the exteriors of the Velothi Mountains in the Tamrield Rebuild Project is already done, If P:C start in the NE, players who install both TR & P:C can go by foot over the border into the Cyrodiil Province. Starting in the west means that P:C must be close to finished before players will enjoy this freedom of movement. No unneccesary modding of vanilla content would also be needed.

No offence meant, I just find the starting area odd.

MrButtsavage17
Forumite

Post by MrButtsavage17 »

I have a question. Are all of these projects, Cyrodiil, Skyrim, etc. Are the landmasses themselves going to be plugged into the world? As in Cyrodiil's boarders line up with Tamreil Rebuilt and such with Skyrim? One could climb the mountains or something and pass over the boarder into Morrowind, Cyrodiil, ect.?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yes exactly, Mr. Buttsavage.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

MrButtsavage17
Forumite

Post by MrButtsavage17 »

Wicked! How can I help? unfortunately i'm unfamiliar with TES Workshop or modding in general aside from downloading already created mods. But I want to help in any way that I can! :)

SamirA
Lead Dev

Post by SamirA »

Try out some of the tutorials we have and make a showcase so we can help you learn! It is really very easy to get started and the CS is very user friendly imo. The easiest place to start is interiors and it is the most abundant type of claim for these mods as well. We will all be happy here at Project Tamriel to teach you the ways of modding.

MrButtsavage17
Forumite

Post by MrButtsavage17 »

Huzzah! Thanks so much! ^^

Return to “P:C General Discussion”