Removing NAME records from exterior cells?

All TES III modding discussion
berry
PT Modder

Removing NAME records from exterior cells?

Post by berry »

What the subject states. I'm currently giving a thourough clean to my massive Vorndgad/Druadach claim, and I'm trying to get rid of all these cool cell names such as ">>*Wilderness" or "Sky_druadach_berry2_#8?", but I can't seem to get it done. I tried using Enchanted Editor and Morrowind Edit, and while it looks like they do the job in-programm, the names are still there when I open the file in construction set.

Could anyone guide me what's the way to do it, please? :)

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I'd like to know this as well. #justnoobexteriormodderthings
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

I think I grasped it. Morrowind Edit does the job (double click the cell entry, right clicking and choosing "Rename" doesn't seem to work with cells; edit: just for clarity, I mean it doesn't work with renaming cells if the new name is a blank one), as long as you load the plugin on it's own, without it's Masters. Once it's done, the file should be resaved again in Construction Set, with proper esms ticked again, and all's good.

I hope. :lol:
Last edited by berry on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

Have you tried work with Morrowind Enchanted Editor? Deleting subrecord NAME for cell should do the trick.
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

That's the approach I tried originally, but it was taking MWEE a minute or two to edit each record, and since I had ~~20 cells to edit I wanted to find more optimal solution, for the sake of preserving my sanity. :P

Anyway MWEdit solutions seems to work well. I gave this plugin a quick in-game run and all was smooth.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Maybe relevant:
Cell Definitions
NAME = Cell ID string. Can be an empty string for exterior cells in which case
the region name is used instead.
http://www.uesp.net/morrow/tech/mw_esm.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Discussion”