Working Directory

All TES III modding discussion
SGMonkey
Site Admin

Working Directory

Post by SGMonkey »

Hi all. Anyone know of a way to keep mod specific files out of the game directory whilst still keeping them usable?

So I can have a blank Morrowind install with MGE MPC and basic utils installed. Then keep all of my mods assets in their own folders. (Plugins, textures, models)

Currently I have multiple copies of Morrowind installed for each mod project. But its a royal pain in the arse, as well as a waste of space.

Any ideas how achieve something like this?

Cheers all. Much appreciated!

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Hahaha. Yeah eventually. Currently not in a great state to deal with modding yet.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Well, how small can your hard drive(s) be so that multiple copies of Morrowind become a noticable problem?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Wrye Mash Installers? I've been using this approach with my ModTown stuff for the most part. I use it for testing Lyithdonea on my modded installation as well (I can just copy my installer folder over to the new installation).

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Scamp wrote:Well, how small can your hard drive(s) be so that multiple copies of Morrowind become a noticable problem?
Hard drives aren't small. Just seems like a royal waste of space.
Each install of Morrowind has to be maintained also.

I was hoping I could keep mod related files in there own folder and use some form of a link. Instead of having to move them around with something like Wyre. I don't see that being very practical at all. I can't see an easy way of working on a plugin, then saving it. Removing it with Wyre mash again will surely undo any changes you have made...?

Gonna have to have a look into using Symlinks for this sorta thing.

Return to “General Discussion”