Islands of Tamriel

All TES III modding discussion
Renfrow
Forumite

Islands of Tamriel

Post by Renfrow »

hello, I have come up with an idea recently, for a new province mod (of sorts) which would add many of the smaller islands to Tamriel (ie. Roscrea, Cathnouey, etc.) Even larger islands and island chains such as Thras, and Yokuda could be added too. A province mod like this would allow for many new places to be explored, all of which being distinctly different. Each release of the mod could be one island (or island chain), which would allow for a some what quick turn out rate of updates while maintaining a high level of quality.

I was curious as to if anyone would be interested in this.

WH-Reaper
Forumite

Post by WH-Reaper »

I actually thought about creating some of the smaller islands around Tamriel. Problem is that there is not much lore to be found about them (getting even just name is actually pretty hard for some of them), so one would have to make up all the lore.

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

That's fine, it leaves an open canvas. There are some nice fan made maps that include some of the islands and look pretty good. All projects here, and Tamriel Rebuilt have made up quite a bit of lore, and if this project goes through and Bethesda creates actual lore about the area(s) then oh well the island(s) can be remade, most of these islands are small (as I imagine it at least) compared to any province.
I thin even if there isn't much interest in this idea I will work on it by myself, but if you are at all interested I would more than love for your (and anyone else"s) help. =)

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

I did a load of work on Roscrea once, as a SHOTN addon. I don't know if I still have the file.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

That'd be cool if you did. I thought it'd be cool to have some of the islands as an add on to pc (something like a side quest to the census and excise office or something other), but Roscrea could be a perfect add on for shotn.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

I made height maps of some of the bigger islands around Tamriel. Mainly Yokuda and Pyandonea. For no reason other than shits n giggles.

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

That's awesome man. I'd love to see them, and hey, we can probably do something with them, if you are at all interested. =]

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Ha. Sorry no, not interested. Already pretty occupied with High Rock and other projects.

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

Don't be sorry, at all man.

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

I have only just started on height mapping Roscrea, but I was curious if there is any interest in this at all.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Roscrea will play some importance in the SHotN king Thian questline, but I don't think we'll build it anytime soon.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

Sounds good, I think I will continue working on my version, and if it was something you guys are interested in later, you'd be free to have it.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Sounds cool to me.
If you are interested in having a place to post your work and or write notes n what not, you can have a section on here under the "Hosted Projects/Modder Area".

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

Ah, I didn't think of that, but thanks man, I'll move over there now. =)

Return to “General Discussion”