Shishkinbar's stuff

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Shishkinbar
Forumite

Shishkinbar's stuff

Post by Shishkinbar »

Hello everyone! A long time ago me and my friend Fresh made global mod. Eventually Fresh lost interest of it, so I lost my 3D/2D artist and my mod died. That's why I want to share our stuff with you. Maybe you'll find something interesting for your projects.

Assault scorpio Image Gilded Weapons Image Hist Blade Image
Attachments
Hist Blade.rar
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 278 times
Gilded Weapons.rar
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
Assault_Scorpio.rar
(555.59 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Welcome to our forums, Shishkinbar!

Your showcase assets look good so far. The only technical issue about them is that the textures are currently TGA-files, while they should be DDS-files to save filesize and performance. The weapons also have some uv-mapping issues around the handle, but you are probably aware of that and it should be a quick fix.

I could see the gilded weapons work as some kind of exotic khajiit-weaponry. I'm not too fond about the style of the hist blade, however. The scorpio looks great, but the visual style of the texture (worn metal edges eg.) is unusual for this game.

At the moment I'm wondering, if you would be prepared to implement one of our concepts from this thread just so we can see that you are able to bring a preset concept to life. If nothing of that intrigues you, you can also see through the concept art subforums of SHOTN And P:C to see if there is something to your liking.

I hope you don't mind my critizism. I'm looking forward to whatever you will come up with.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Welcome to the boards!

worsas, as far as I understood, Shishkinbar wants to "donate" these meshes that his friend worked on, he's not interested in joining as an assets maker per se.

I'm not sure, but maybe this spear could work as a Nibenese weapon, too?

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Oh, I'm a fool. You are right berry, I just didn't read his post altogether, assuming that this would be a regular application for moddership. By bad.

Shishkinbar
Forumite

Post by Shishkinbar »

worsas wrote: Your showcase assets look good so far. The only technical issue about them is that the textures are currently TGA-files, while they should be DDS-files to save filesize and performance. The weapons also have some uv-mapping issues around the handle, but you are probably aware of that and it should be a quick fix.

At the moment I'm wondering, if you would be prepared to implement one of our concepts from this thread just so we can see that you are able to bring a preset concept to life. If nothing of that intrigues you, you can also see through the concept art subforums of SHOTN And P:C to see if there is something to your liking.
1. I'm not 2D artist and I don't know how to work with UVs. My job was to convert meshes into NIF-format, scale them to correct size, create icons and add new content into the game.
2. I don't think that you need 3D artist, who can only create and convert meshes.
berry wrote: worsas, as far as I understood, Shishkinbar wants to "donate" these meshes that his friend worked on, he's not interested in joining as an assets maker per se.
Quite right.

Ok. I'll continue to distribute stuff.

Fresh (or Fresh's) blades
Image UPD. One of swords has 5 color variants of grip.
Attachments
Fresh Blades.rar
(3.44 MiB) Downloaded 242 times

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

1. I'm not 2D artist and I don't know how to work with UVs. My job was to convert meshes into NIF-format, scale them to correct size, create icons and add new content into the game.
2. I don't think that you need 3D artist, who can only create and convert meshes.
I can't really speak for assets development team, but these boards are generally filled with creative and helpful people and we often exchange our unfinished work with each other to improve it or make a progress, so it shouldn't be an issue you can't do 2D art yourself. But anyway, at the current stage of development we actually need CS-modders (especially interiorers or quest/dialogue creators) even more than assets makers, so if that's what you were responsible for in your model duo, then we'd love to have you aboard... ;) Just saying. :D

Concerning these blades - they look good, but they are probably too 'jRPG-ish' or 'Blizzard-ish' for PT, I'm afraid. If you want to make sure these don't go wasted, you can always upload them as modder's resources to Nexus, and these would surely be useful for somebody there.

Return to “Modder Showcase”