Berry's interior and exterior showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Sounds great! Feel free to alter the horse quest in any way you see fit, it was more of a rough draft afterall. And the reward is indeed too high, as Yeti points out.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I'm not sure, how this will work together with the dialogue work that should start when the exterior work has been finished. If it's easy to combine it all, then go for it.

At the moment I'm slightly worried about all the custom objects with their confusing ids. We need to settle on something less random and confusing. For Example Sky_Reach_Q1_XXX (for a quest object related to quest 1) Sky_Reach_kw5 (a custom object in karthwasten house 5). Something along those lines. Ids like _Sky_thisIsMyCoolObject or even _climbingrobeABC need to go before we can do proper questing.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

I think it shouldn't affect the dialogues as long as it's set in the wilderness (so the horse quest should be fine probably, but the hunters' one could wait, because it starts in Karthgad, as far as I get it? It could use stuff like new latest rumours after it's done or an option to denounce the proposal to the thane; it'd be best to wait for Yeti's opinion on that one). I try to get these quests (well. A quest, so far :D ) done that way, so the npcs would still fall under our generic dialogue filters, too.

It's a good point with the IDs. This claim is slowly turning into a Stirk workfile for SHotN, so it'd be good to be consistent with the IDs. I'll get to taking care of it in these two files prior to starting any new work.
roerich wrote:Sounds great! Feel free to alter the horse quest in any way you see fit, it was more of a rough draft afterall. And the reward is indeed too high, as Yeti points out.
I was thinking about making this quest's challenge depend on actually finding these 2-4 horses (with locations of each being generated randomly from few select spots - near the abandoned cabin, the plains near Karth waterfall, the hill next to vampire barrow; I wanted to place this quest on the crossroads between the Karthwasten bridge and the first ford), not bringing them back alive, as in most cases it's a trival thing not to let a follower die in MW. But on a second thought, heck, the creatures in this forest can be pretty deadly :P I'll have to think about it. About the reward, I thought he could propose 250 drakes for each horse. A rogue-ish player could then be able to blackmail him to pay 500 Septims each - pointing out that he doesn't really have a choice here. That would result in a disposition drop, of course, but would work.

Return to “Modder Showcase”