Kaiel's Claim/Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Kaiel
-Banned-

Kaiel's Claim/Showcase

Post by Kaiel »

While my original showcase at TR waits for review, I have been working on an Anvil Claim(this one: http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=948), but I'm not sure what else it needs/ the next steps I should take. Some notes are, the mostly empty room with the dibella tapestry on the top floor of PC_i2-Anv33a is waiting on the painting assets we had discussed(easel, paintbrush, some cups of paint) of which the easel has already been finished. These were necessary for the painter's guild anyway, so I don't think it's creating any extra work. Additionally, I know the shelf in the second floor living area needs more stuff on it, I ust don't know what to put in there, what kind of books are okay for a Colovian Hunter and Painter, for example. In any case, the file is attached for anyone to look at and give me a bit of feedback. I suspect once I get used to things, I will get faster at this though. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Clean PC_i2-Anv33.ESP
(21.86 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Update: based on feedback from a few different members, most of all Torlof, I have fixed/ finished Anv33, both a and b, except for Astia Inventius' Painters' study for the same reasons mentioned above. The updated file is attached. Additionally, I have bgeun work on Anv38, Harrik Oaken-Hull's house. Also attached is a very early WIP, with just the set shell and a very minor start on the bedroom and dining room.
Attachments
PC_i2-Anv38.ESP
(20.65 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Clean PC_i2-Anv33.ESP
(30.3 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Overall the style of your interior is pretty good. But there are a few details that could be improved.
  • Reduce the variety of tapestries. There is no imperial home in vanilla or P:C where each tapestry in a room is different. Reduce them to 2-3 types per room.
  • Add some light_com_lamp_01/02 or light_com_chandelier_03/04 to the interior to light up areas that are not lit at all yet. Look at "Pelagiad, Mebestien Ence: Trader" to see how dense light may be in interiors (it's an extreme example, though).
  • The amount of cluttering is alright, but don't aim lower than this, rather overcome some of your hesitation at adding clutter. You could, for example, add another shelf somewhere with some worthless clutter on it, like bottles or com_redware. Have a look at some of the existing interiors in Stirk and see, if you can find a middle ground between your current clutter density and what's seen there.
I've added an example screenshot of where you could possibly add more clutter, unless it strictly contradicts the purpose of this storage.
Attachments
example.jpg

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Updated version, made the fixes you mentioned about lighting, tapestries, and clutter, as well as replaced the one chandelier that Torlof mentioned, as well as cluttered Tobvarsen's storage area better.
Attachments
Clean PC_i2-Anv33.ESP
(30.88 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

PC_i2-Anv33a is missing a north marker.

One minor thing that you may want to change yet: furn_com_rm_bookshelf_02 in the second story contains both books of riddles, which both individually should be rare findings.

Maybe place some of P:C's books around here instead and use one of T_Imp_FurnP_Bookshelf_01-04 instead of furn_com_rm_bookshelf_02 so you can rotate all these books upwards. It's odd that the vanilla com bookshelf is not high enough for most books.

Regarding P:C's books, you can orient yourself on the levelled lists for books (T_Cyr_Random_BookColovian or T_Cyr_Random_BookHistory eg.) to see which books may be relevant. And there is also this list here http://project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 941#p11941

If you do these last things, you'll be probably ready for promotion.

Kaiel
-Banned-

Post by Kaiel »

Fixed the lack of northmarker, replaced the bookshelf and re-rotated a couple items, mainly the books, went through the leveled lists a bit and added a few relevant books from PC to the shelf. Got the CS working on a tablet so will have the 4 day weekend to work on 38 now instead of sitting on my hands until my new pc comes in on tuesday.
Attachments
Clean PC_i2-Anv33.ESP
(31.19 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Looks good.

Y´ou are herewith promoted as interior modder.

I hope you'll have a good time around here. :geek:

Return to “Modder Showcase”