Loremaster's Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Loremaster
PT Modder

Loremaster's Showcase

Post by Loremaster »

Loremasters Clutterhouse.ESP
(9.84 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Hello, I've been lurking around the Discord and forums for quite a gooooood period of time now, and I decided that I really want to help with this project. So I finished TES III and then went on to start learning CS. I have to admit, at first I didn't thought I'd even make my first mod, but I got fairly far and here I am. After 3 published mods on the nexus, and some additional meddling, I felt ready and I chose Interiors for my first showcase. I hope that I did at least a half good job

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Hello Loremaster, thanks for submitting your showcase! I've had a look and prepared a review. It's certainly at least 'half good' but you need to work on a few things. Anyway here's the review notes:
Review

Clean Yes
Illegal to Sleep No, this needs to be ticked in houses
Lighting Yes, fine
Northmarker No -- Please add one, every interior cell needs one
Fits Exterior Not sure, only has 1 exterior door
Gridsnap Yes, good

- furn_planter_01 bleeding into rug
- ingred_diamond_01 etc on the shelf in the open isn't suitable outside of maybe an alchemy store
- fine to scale books up or down but not too much. 0.50 is a bit small for them really
- active_de_p_bed_04 needs a pillow
- good rotation on pick_grandmaster and pick_master, the other 2 on that desk are resting only on the handle, need similar rotation to these
- pick_grandmaster not suitable for use in a house as grandmaster-quality clutter should never really be used without exceptional reason. Same for the Secret Master's pick there which should also never be used
- bound_spear not a suitable clutter item
- p_restore_magicka_b not quite resting properly
- chitin dagger not quite resting properly
- BM silver dagger wolfender doesn't belong in a vanilla style dunmer home (Stylemixing)
and doesn't rest properly
- chitin_towershield bleeds into wall
- having multiple expensive shields lying against the wall is excessive and doesn't make much sense

As an overview, your rotation skills seem (mostly) fine but you need to think more about the items you are using and how to clutter up the interior more. Having a house full of expensive gems, weapons and armour is a bit too much to have in regular-level houses.

Your object rotation is good other than a few examples and you had nice rotation, scaling and cluttering on those downstairs shelves. The armour on the shelves upstairs was also well rotated.

What I think you need to practice is adding more furniture (In this interior, there is only a desk (no chair), a bed and some shelves) and more suitable clutter like bottles, baskets, sacks and chests rather than armour or weapons.

Add a little dining area or somewhere that the inhabitant sits to read their books, for example. If you run out of ideas for what to add, look through the construction set for similar looking houses and see what kinds of cluttering and furniture those have in. That way, you'll avoid needing to use things like rows of shields which won't look as convincing or interesting as a well cluttered furniture area.

As I say your rotation seems (with a few exceptions) good, you just need to work on using that skill to make the house 'fuller' and more lived-in-looking.

If you apply those things to this interior cell and make the changes I've pointed out in this review I'll be happy to take another look at it.
Good luck!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Loremaster
PT Modder

Post by Loremaster »

Hello! And thanks for the review. I've cleaned and remade the house with different more believeable clutter. I hope It's at least better than the last version.
Loremasters Clutterhouse.ESP
(15.38 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Much improved, can't see any immediate faults, all objects well rotated and interior well cluttered

Modder recommended for promotion
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Congratulations and welcome to the modding club B)

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Welcome aboard!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Loremaster
PT Modder

Post by Loremaster »

Truly honored!

Return to “Modder Showcase”