Iskuss/Luke's Interior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Iskuss1418
PT Reviewer

Iskuss/Luke's Interior Showcase

Post by Iskuss1418 »

Hello my name is Luke, but I go by Iskuss on the Forums and Discord. I've been following Project Tamriel for about a year, and really like what has been done so far, and I'd like to help out if I can. Anyway here's my interior showcase. I used de_p furniture because it was required, but I was going for an Imperial style, so I used com_p for everything else.
The cell is called: "Pt_Claudius Antare's House". Almost forgot, but it uses "Ex_common_building_03" as the exterior.
Attachments
Showcase_Iskuss.ESP
(17.04 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Hello, thanks for submitting your showcase! I've had a look and prepared a review in our inimitable style. Please note that there are a great many good things about your showcase file; some not so great, though these are very easily fixed. I'll talk at the end about what needs changing before I can recommend you for promotion -- but it won't take much!

northmarker: yes, good
gridsnap: yes, good
illegal to sleep: yes
clean: yes
lighting: Attempted -- Fog Density should never be 0, nor 0 0 0 black. sunlight needs to be some lighter colour than 0 0 0, usually 20 or so higher than the Ambient. I recommend you check vanilla imperial-style homes for an example. As for working on PT, just try to copy similar lighting settings from interiors already made in the style of the tileset you'd be working with.
stylemixing: yes, bad. This is an Imperial style home full of Dunmer-style furniture (as evidenced by the 'de' in the furniture IDs.) I'll talk more on this later

- Interior needs tapestries (There are 0, vanilla puts them all over the place, we at PT put them all over the place, learn to love them! Best placed with gridsnap and then sunk into the wall to fit)
- Rotation is PERFECT. Look at this:

Absolutely correct in rotation in every respect, not only have you done it there but you've done it for every item on these shelves and throughout the interior, in fact even the books upstairs which are the most annoying meshes to correctly rotate, are all perfectly aligned and resting on the de_p furniture. Holy crap. Probably the most technically proficient showcase of rotation I've ever seen. Well done!!!

- that said, things like Light_Com_Candle_01 on the dresser look odd, because in MW candles have a fixed-to-axis flame, so any rotation beyond something very slight looks a bit weird, because the flame goes a bit sideways. Just something to watch for.
- probably a few too many misc_com_bottles on that shelf upstairs, not sure why someone would have so many laid out like that. For large collections of objects, try to scale some by holding down the 'S' key and left click hold. You could group them together a little more irregularly as well, just to make it a touch less uniform. Same for all that drink on the downstairs shelf and the books -- they're all collected together with similar things. Don't be afraid to put some of it somewhere else, in an open crate, on the floor, on the windowsills, etc etc.
- lots of unique references created for this interior, which is fine, when it comes to doing PT interiors, we have a custom name convention for created objects which you will have to follow. But thats more of a headsup.
- ingred_holly_01 probably out of place outside Solstheim style interior to follow vanilla style
- on the shelf on the lower floor got silverware cutlery with lower-class Imperial style tankards and then dunmer Redware, more style mixing.

OK, so that was all I could find about this interior.
As I said, your rotation skills are excellent, and I'm seriously impressed. But the elephant in the room is that this is an imperial house full of dunmer furniture and dunmer food.
I would recommend swapping the Imperial tileset for the Hlaalu- or Redoran-style tileset and adjusting a few things like the note on the desk to match, with some more tapestries, and this interior will be great with the furniture style matching the architecture.
When you graduate to using our PT-specific assets stylemixing becomes less of an issue because you will have mostly our custom stuff to use from Tamriel_Data in your interiors, and you can always ask or look at similar style interiors to get an idea of what will fit. But we use stuff like redware and the com_ bottles around as well.

So, if you can fix that glaring issue, I will be very glad to recommend you for promotion. You are very close!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Iskuss1418
PT Reviewer

Post by Iskuss1418 »

Here's my updated showcase. I've replaced the Dunmer furniture with Imperial, fixed the lighting, added tapestries, fixed the door bleeding into the door-frame, rearranged and fixed cluttering, replaced silverware utensils with wooden, removed skirts from closet, and some more that I can't think of right now.
Showcase_Iskuss Attempt 2.ESP
(15.63 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

You fixed all the issues I had with this interior.

Member recommended for promotion

Congratulations! Someone will be around to put you in the right groups shortly, one would imagine.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Promoted

Congrats Iskuss! Welcome aboard. Now, may I interest you with something in here? http://www.project-tamriel.com/viewforum.php?f=127
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Return to “Modder Showcase”