Outlander's Interior Showcase

Interested in joining? Show off your skills here
Outlander
PT Modder

Outlander's Interior Showcase

Post by Outlander »

Hi guys, this is A.J. from discord. I decided to apply as an interior modder.
The interior (two story 2x3) is made for an ex_hlaalu_b_16 shell.
The concept was to create a Gondolier's house with no special loot for the player to find.
I cleaned the file, added the north marker and adjusted the light settings.

If there is something to improve, please let me know :)
Attachments
PT Showcase Outlander.ESP
(9.15 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Clean: Yes
Northmarker: Yes
Illegal to sleep here: Yes

- Light settings seems fine, a bit dark for vanilla but perfect for SHotN
- bk_Anticipations could be rotated a bit to rest on the book besides it.
- Misc_Com_Bottle_14 slightly floating
- misc_com_wood_cup_01 ^
- misc_de_foldedcloth00 ^ Cloth items can generally be sunken a bit into the surface. I see you did that with the clothes
- furn_com_p_shelf_04 (x5) belongs to the common set. Used together with the dark elf set, it becomes style mixing. Here you should have used furn_de_p_shelf_02 instead
- active_com_bed_03 same issue as above. there's a de version
- chest_small_02_gold_10 should be locked. A 10 lock would be appropriate for the 10 random gold the chest contains
- misc_com_wood_knife floats. Might be rotated a bit to look less straight and unnatural. Same with a lot of things on that de_drawers_02_mclothes4
- the three Misc_Com_Wood_Bowl_01 with ingredients reminds me a bit too much of something alchemy related. Just my personal taste. Also, perhaps mix up the clutter a bit here. Instead of three bowls, then perhaps two different bowls and a plate
- Table stabbing is perhaps the biggest CS cliche of all time, I'm delighted to see it's still going strong
- chest_small_01_gold_25 unlocked
- misc_com_metal_goblet_02 and related clutter items should mostly not be found in de interiors. Also the way the clutter is positioned here looks a bit too tidy for the random Dunmer home, but might be appropriate elsewhere.
- com_cupboard_01_glasses same issue as com shelves above.
- gondolier_helm rests a bit unnaturally
- in_hlaalu_hallway_end doesn't gridsnap with the neighbouring piece. But it seems like you've used it correctly everywhere else
- flora_heather_01 seems to have wandered from its planter.
- while furn_de_tapestry_04 is collision-less, it shouldn't be used like this.
- misc_de_lute_01 bleeds into the wall
- misc_com_bottle_12 floats
- com_basket_01_chpfood5 floats (x2)

Comments: I really like this humble gondolier home. You certainly know your way around the CS, and you have a fine cluttering style, that is neither under- nor overcluttering.

You have some issues with style mixing that you need to be on the lookout for in the future. Some sets can be mixed if you're a bit tricky about it, see some of the finished interiors for examples.

There's also a bunch of floaters and bleeders, but, aside from the heather error, nothing I would notice ingame.

You can work a bit on your rotation skills, but surely nothing that should bar you from working with PT.

You still have some learning to do, but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to learn while making interior claims. You'll be able to get some more PT-related criticism that way, and we can chisel away at the number of unfinished interiors. Of course you need to be on the lookout for the types of mistakes made in this showcase.

Member recommended for promotion.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

sc_paper plain(s) need to be lower in future interiors, ramming the F key is not enough to sink them all the way, they are a weird mesh. Same for the shirts and any clothing meshes really

Otherwise your interior looks quite decently cluttered, minus a few things that just need a little more sinking to be in place.
However, it's sufficient quality to get you going on our own stuff (where stylemixing won't be an issue due to our own assets) -- lighting, northmarker, rotations, cluttering, these are all fine.

Seconding the recommendation of Mr Roerich!
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Very good.

Member promoted.

Congrats and welcome aboard!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Outlander
PT Modder

Post by Outlander »

Thank you guys for the promotion!

Feels good to be an official modder now.

Return to “Modder Showcase”