Weapon Sets

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Weapon Sets

Post by SGMonkey »

From old old forum. Still very much relevant.

Want to get a good idea of what sets of weapons we need. I'd like to work on the same sort of basis as Morrowind did, mixed with how Daggerfall did. As in, one type of weapon from each material/type of weapon.

Daggerfall weapon types by material
Iron - In Morrowind
Steel - In Morrowind
Silver - In Morrowind
Elven
Dwarven - In Morrowind
Mithril
Adamantium - In Morrowind
Ebony - In Morrowind
Orcish - In Morrowind
Daedric - In Morrowind

Obviously, most of these sets also appear in Morrowind. We only NEED to have new Elven and Mithril weapons but I'd also like opinions on whether or not we should also make new sets of the existing ones or not.

Daggerfall weapon types
Battle Axe
Broadsword
Claymore
Dagger
Dai-Katana
Flail
Katana
Longbow
Longsword
Mace
Saber
Shortbow
Shortsword
Staff
Tanto
Wakizashi
War Axe
Warhammer

If we were to model the Elven and Mithril weapons I think we should have one of each type. Perhaps with the addition of crossbows. Obviously, we don't need to fill the gaps on the vanilla weapons types that don't exist, other mods already do that I'm sure.

I think we should definitely consider modelling some unique/better Orcish weapons.

Ideas and suggestions welcome

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

What about an Orcish cleaver?

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

How are you going to animate the flail?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

No idea. I've never done animation work for Morrowind. I don't even know if its possible to animate weapons in vanilla Morrowind. It is likely that something like this would require OpenMW.

Its of very little importance really however.

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

What about Trueflame, wasn't that animated?

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Not sure. Wasn't it just a particle effect? I'll have to have a look later.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

An animated flail. I never checked it in game, but as I recall that video from the late PES, the weapon rotated constantly, just like seen in Nifskope. Looked quite funny iirc.

There was also this animated daedric chainsaw. So it's definitely possible; making it looking good is the other thing.

Now that I think of it, I'm certain like one year ago some Russian posted video/screens of some kind of chain-based weapon on Bethesda's boards. And it worked. I think it was to be included in one of their bigger mods, Chaos Heart most likely? I will try to find it.

edit: okay, can't find it anywhere.

And yeah, the twin swords from Tribunal base on particle effect.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

berry wrote:An animated flail. I never checked it in game, but as I recall that video from the late PES, the weapon rotated constantly, just like seen in Nifskope. Looked quite funny iirc.
I tried it in-game. It's ridiculous looking. Besides, flails are something that can be added 10+ years down the line when OpenMW is well into its developmental stages... hopefully allowing physics like in Walker3DII, which also runs off of Ogre3D and bullet physics (if I'm not mistaken).
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Return to “HR Asset Development”