Falmer Spectre

Model, texture and sound development of SHotN
Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Falmer Spectre

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Hey all,

I've been tinkering with an updated version of my Snow Prince/Ancient Steel armor mod, and for this version I'm working on a spirit that'll appear and fight you when you pick up a piece of the armor - HOWEVER, I thought maybe it would be useful for you guys as well, as like a generic Falmer ghost for dungeons? If so, I'll post it here once the textures are finished :)

Textures are still a WIP, obviously, and it's rigged to the Dwemer spectre skeleton:
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/QyEcDfy.png[/hsimg]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Ohh, that is looking fine. Is it going to be transparent?
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

That looks fantastic. I'd be very happy if we ended using it. :)

If you're still welcoming suggestions for it, how about some snow particles floating around? Giving him a cold blue glow texture, like this one by PeterBitt might turn out cool, too. I'm a fan of the eerie atmosphere that texture creates. :P

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Update:

So, he's pretty much working in-game now, the only problem I'm running into is getting the frost atronach particle effect to shut off after he dies - it kind of spoils the effect of seeing him fade into a pool of ectoplasm :P

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

What a pretty lil' thing. Great job.

Sounds like a good thing to have in the Tomb of the Snow Prince. I'm not sure how much use we're gonna have for it in the near future, though. The few Falmer ruins we might include are far to the east, and in the most remote and frozen parts of the mountains. Seeing a Falmer spectre should be a unique experience, just like discovering actual remains of the Snow Elves should be. Generally we swing towards keeping the Falmer a mystery as much as we can. I wouldn't include it as a generic enemy, but perhaps as a boss fight or unique enemy found in one of these ruins.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

This is looking pretty damn fantastic. While it would be unfortunate to make this a rarity during actual gameplay, I agree with roerich that the Falmer should remain as obscure as possible. It would make an encounter with this guy infinitely more meaningful and spectacular, though.

Return to “SHotN Asset Development”