Assets for barrows

Model, texture and sound development of SHotN
spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Assets for barrows

Post by spineinside »

Everything that might be useful for filling up an ancient barrow.

This is my proposal with files attached (1 urn, 2 broken pieces and a rope)

[hsimg=]http://sendfile.es/pobierz/440798---l6ey/1.jpg[/hsimg] [hsimg=]http://sendfile.es/pobierz/440803---KZbx/2.jpg[/hsimg]
Attachments
urn barrow.zip
(1006.77 KiB) Downloaded 346 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

... nice. Really nice.

Only to be on the safe side: It is important that these are your own creations made from scratch and no transferred models from TES V. I'm sure you made them from scratch. But, tell me, if that shouldn't be the case. After all, we do have quite a few neraly Oblivion- and Skyrim-identical models in both projects, but they were still created by Tarius and Lestat DeLioncourt from scratch. I'm not a big fan of those straight remakes and would avoid them, whenever we can, though.

For many of our skyrim assets I'm not sure how to proof that they were not just transferred over, with Lestat being absent from the project nowadays. If our models were distinctive enough, there would be no headache involved, at all. This is only a general worry, which I hope is unbased.

Anyway, I like these urns very much. :)

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

Don't worry :D this is my fully individual work, nothing was literally taken from Skyrim or transfered.

I just admit i was trying to stick to a certain urn style from game. But surely everyone here should be able to prove the individuality of its own creations (even if it's strictly based on references). No transfers :)
For a future I will avoid more evident similarities

and take a look at my proposal of Widow Kiss (kinda far away from harebell but "belly" enough)

[hsimg=]http://sendfile.es/pobierz/441663---IKvg/3e_kopia.jpg[/hsimg]

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Don't worry about the urn. I looked at the TES V assets later on yesterday and noticed that they are clearly different, I only didn't know for sure out of my memory. Resemblance isn't a problem, per se, I would just like to avoid identical meshes where we can. I'm probably much too afraid of legal issues.

The Widow kiss is looking like something belonging into an ashland region (or a fiery plane of Oblivion), to be honest. But it looks great. Maybe suitable for the volcanic areas of Eastmarch?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Widows Kiss are supposed to only grow next to barrows and other places of the dead. I think it looks very nice so far, but perhaps make the lower bottom of the leaves more green? So that it transforms from a natural green to the sickly reddish colour. In that way, it won't look as out of place as it has the potential to do now.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

thought I could put a minor life into this flora with some violets so it doesn't remind of oblivion that much. Also stalks and leaves are greener, as suggested :)
[hsimg=]http://sendfile.es/pobierz/443155---qzHE/3f.jpg[/hsimg]

edit:file attached
Attachments
Widow Kiss.rar
(473.71 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Last edited by spineinside on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Those look fantastic, our barrows need more clutter for sure. There was this topic on old forums, that can be of some use to you.

I think your second approach to the Widow Kiss fits really good in SHotN's colour palette, I like the concept behind it as well.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Yes, it looks great. I forgot to reply to this thread after your last update.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

There are two different urns based on ancient Nordic references

[hsimg=]http://sendfile.es/pobierz/452355---Ubka/4.jpg[/hsimg]
Attachments
Other Urns.rar
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 295 times

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

The urns you've made look fantastic. I'm curious to see them in some barrows now!

My only very minor criticism is the urn on the right has visible UV stretching on the edge of the lid just above the rim.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I can easily fix that uv-stretch in a minute in nifskope.

I'm happy how similar these are to the urns I made for the colovian barrows at P:C, that are supposedly influenced by Nord culture.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hey Spineinside, I'm writing here to let you know that I have had issues with some of your models and needed to tweak them to make them work as intended. Some of your models were completely unshaded in the CS, as if they had a 100% white emmissive color, which seemed to be based on something within the geometry data. Importing and exporting them fixed it.

You made usage of nistencil property for two sided faces in quite a few instances. i have changed most of those models so they have actual backfaces. While it is a good intend to save geometry, the backsides of such faces get lit in the same way as the front face and it often catches your eye, because you see a surface that is lit brightly while it shouldn't be.

I hope that doesn't sound too unthankful from my part. I'm loving the stuff you have contributed to the project so far, especially the urns and the flora.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

woa... I completly forgot to keep an eye on emmissive colors while exporting everything :( !

Hopefully you were not mad with me while changing some of the objects due to 2 sided faces... didn't actually check the urns in CS before, so if you were angry you were right :oops:

I will be checking all models in CS just before posting.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

a little update with embalming tools in my download section !

Return to “SHotN Asset Development”