Direnni Clutter

Model, texture and sound development of SHotN
spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

Ok, I will wait with this one and take a closer look at yours.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I took some screenshots in our test direnni dungeon on a morrowind install without mge, so this is how a dungeon would look on a vanilla setup. I've been making some holders and an experimental ceiling lamp that I may or may not keep.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s6e9j6ia60h2 ... QNpoa?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know what you think of the overall look and what you feel should be added or changed.

uno Dos Dres
Forumite

Post by uno Dos Dres »

Wow! Worsas, it's awesome. Especially lamp, it is unique, you should keep it in this set. What's the material, all is made of?

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Superb work guys, it looks fantastic.

I'd vote on keeping that new lamp & the holders, they harmonize well with grates and weapon racks. Telling by those screens, I think you nailed it with the proportions between light and massive elements in this set, they all fit each other nicely.

Edit: dunno if you're still looking for suggestions for these, but how about some stone table, made in same 'futuristic' manner as the throne? It could come both in rectangular and oval shapes, furn_de_r_table_03 style. (1, 2) Some kind of plain desk would be fitting too I think, and metal bed maybe? (1, 2) Metal chairs could be a nice addition too. (1, 2)

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Edit: dunno if you're still looking for suggestions for these, but how about some stone table, made in same 'futuristic' manner as the throne? It could come both in rectangular and oval shapes, furn_de_r_table_03 style. (1, 2) Some kind of plain desk would be fitting too I think, and metal bed maybe? (1, 2) Metal chairs could be a nice addition too. (1, 2)
Sounds great. I'm definitely in need of some more ideas.

uno Dos Dres
Forumite

Post by uno Dos Dres »

I was about to write about oval stone table, and asking for some screens "furniture not only by the wall" but in last seconds deleted it. Scared of criticism and lore non-friendly proposal. I was imagine something like this.
I guess oval platter would be very nice ingame

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

uno Dos Dres wrote:I was about to write about oval stone table, and asking for some screens "furniture not only by the wall" but in last seconds deleted it. Scared of criticism and lore non-friendly proposal. I was imagine something like this.
Don't be afraid to post suggestion. They are always welcomed. I simply overlooked your previous post, btw. Inspirational pictures are always good, I cannot work without them to be precise, so I make sketches before doing the model, but they are often not as imaginative as they could be.

The grate stuff is built from metal (iron or copper alloying). Everything else stone and plaster. In case of some objects I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think that there is no need to always explain every single detail.

By the way: Wouldn't Adamantium be a common metal used by the Direnni seeing that they owned a tower partly made of the metal? I could see it acting as material for weapons and armor, at least. I'm not sure they would have harvested the metal from the tower itself, if they believed in its divine origin, but they would certainly have wanted to utilize the metal whenever they could.

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

I took some time and created few pieces of clutter, you can find it in my download section.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Lord Berandas wrote:I took some time and created few pieces of clutter, you can find it in my download section.
Niiice!

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

worsas wrote:By the way: Wouldn't Adamantium be a common metal used by the Direnni seeing that they owned a tower partly made of the metal? I could see it acting as material for weapons and armor, at least. I'm not sure they would have harvested the metal from the tower itself, if they believed in its divine origin, but they would certainly have wanted to utilize the metal whenever they could.
I doubt it somehow, as the Direnni tower is something out of this world, and in the way I see it, not built on Nirn. The adamandantium mines didn't appear before Tribunal, did they? The armor set does have some Breton/Elven qualities.. Hmm, I don't know. We'd have to explain where adamandantium comes from.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Two new objects based on recent input:
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... itable.jpg[/hsimg]
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... nnibed.jpg[/hsimg]

Although we will still need more objects in the long run, I would like to launch an update this evening with all so far created objects, so I can take a little break and take up work at a later point.
Thanks to both Lord Berandas and Spinenside. You've been a big help at this.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/0PCnsdn.jpg[/hsimg] [hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/6rUmd5m.png[/hsimg]

Holy smokes, this set is great. Both clutter and interior pieces.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I was hoping you would get your hands on this set, because you are great in tapping the potential of the sets I make. I wouldn't even call it a particularly great-looking set. The way you and other interior modders combine and decorate these tiles in the CS is what makes them look good.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Yeah, I agree with Roerich here, it's a great set. Even new Direnni ref cell left me speechless, and those two screens... awesome. Can't wait till we get to using it.

Does this interior represent the throne room of the Elfstone Keep? Man, Markarth will be awesome.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

this is the simple "dining" set according to a previous cup, along with a table made by worsas I got inspired by the reference and soon will upload some newer stuff,

[hsimg=]http://s7.postimg.org/xz39duprf/image.jpg[/hsimg]
Attachments
Spineinside_Direnni_clutt.rar
(3.07 MiB) Downloaded 355 times

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

That looks excellent!

I love the little bowl in the stand.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Nice stuff, indeed. I'm particularly happy that the completion of the Direnni assets is gradually approaching completion now.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

here is a stuff according to Worsas' table, thought it might be in a company with some simple elements (I've noticed they needa have metal parts more lightened)

[hsimg=]http://s7.postimg.org/at8ghaet7/image.jpg[/hsimg]

[hsimg=]http://s7.postimg.org/ocpamzssb/image.jpg[/hsimg]

[hsimg=]http://s7.postimg.org/giop1lkzf/image.jpg[/hsimg]

EDITED: BENCH WITH UV REDONE (dr_seat_02.rar)
Attachments
dr_seat_02.rar
(451.94 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Direnni_planter_seat.rar
(943.14 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Last edited by spineinside on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

the lower side of the benches has a stretched uv-mapping? apart from that, i like it.

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

Looks good, I'm glad someone is helping Worsas with new meshes, since I don't have that much time for that anymore. Keep it up! ;-)

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

worsas wrote:the lower side of the benches has a stretched uv-mapping? apart from that, i like it.
You're right, I need to "peel" the lower side differently cuz it does look strange, will reupload soon.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I like your objects anyway and I hope you don't get my feedback the wrong way. I even think that it can be better, under circumstances, to disregard those uv-issues, if you feel that you are bogging down and a lot of fun and creativity goes lost about it. In the end those details won't matter that much (I can also insert your previous versions just fine in that case). It is more of a standard thing to point at these things rather than a big necessity for the overall project, a bit similar to how bleeders and floaters are pointed out in interior reviews. It is more of a thoroughness training in the end, if anything.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

absolutely, I take it as a good advice from someone really skilled :) and of course as an opportunity to improve. Surely everything will be tested sooner or later and we will see what changes are necessary.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

there is a texture file to replace in a folder, and a few brand new meshes based on the rest

[hsimg=]http://oi61.tinypic.com/24wwnxy.jpg[/hsimg]
Attachments
dirreni_2.rar
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 362 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

At the moment I'm worried about some of these objects giving a slightly too crude impression. I'm thinking of the utensils, in particular. Even if these are lower-class, there needs to be a certain elegance to these objects that suggests high elven origin.

It would be good, if you could try to expand on the metallic support elements. Make them a bit more complex, go a little bit more high poly and add more branches and curves to them. At the moment the metallic grate attachments are the only thing that give these objects a certain twist of their own, so we should try to expand on that some more. How about replacing the the metallic bottom part of all these pots with small grates that are built into the respective pot? That way these objects would give a more elevated feeling (and a more otherworldy look):
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... dified.png[/hsimg]
(forgive for the ugly painting job here, I'm only trying to visualize what i mean)

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

aah I see, so the point is to bring metal things to a more detailed artistic shape. I find it great to get a sketch suggestion from you. So, in a remodeling now.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

something like this?

[hsimg=]http://www.picsend.net/images/384533.jpg[/hsimg]

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Yes. That looks much more interesting than before. I think I'm happy with this all now. Time to get working on some objects myself, now that I'm back!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

That desk is superb!!

I love the variety of objects we're getting here
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Return to “SHotN Asset Development”