Needed Assets for Skyrim

Model, texture and sound development of SHotN
spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

this is a good idea, it will make the assets side more tidy up like.

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

roerich wrote:
If you want to dicuss the Markarth interior set more indepth, feel free to open a thread for that.
Let's maybe use your thread for this, there is a main clue already :)

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

2 variants of roadsign typo, they unfortunately don't resemble those from morrowind but I though I would share anyway, front and back is covered with a text, font is just my pencil draw.

One variant imitates a simple painting on a wood, another one - craved in a wood.

Didn't try using universal "word" for each name as it's in vanila morrowind.

[hsimg=]http://srv1.sendfile.es/pobierz/753087- ... 980696.jpg[/hsimg] [hsimg=]http://srv1.sendfile.es/pobierz/753088- ... 980696.jpg[/hsimg]

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Love it. Second option is best.

List of established town names that would need signposts in the nearer future:
- Beorichal
- Dragonstar
- Falkirstad
- Haafingar
- Karthwasten
- Karthgad
- Lainalten
- Markarth
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Btw, with the Markarth interior set being worked, I wanted to request some new Nord glass windows. The ones we have now are god-awful and crooked (sorry, whoever made them!) Like Sky_Ex_Nord_Window_Glass_02_01.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

I am sorry for making interior shells for markarth THAT long, i guess i put away the release date badly as long as they are not finished :-(

Edit: final roadsigns, packed in my download section
[hsimg=]http://srv3.sendfile.pl/pobierz/757563- ... 980696.jpg[/hsimg][hsimg=]http://srv3.sendfile.pl/pobierz/757562- ... 980696.jpg[/hsimg]

sdeborn
Forumite

Post by sdeborn »

I'm Sorry it took me so long to get back. I have been busy with other things. I didn't get back working on this project until early May. Most of it was waiting for a sound quality upgrade I thought I was going to get but then didn't. The sound quality I ended up working with now (that I didn't find until last week) I believe matches the original Morrowind soundtrack better then what I was going to use. It would've been computer generated sound that most people can't tell isn't a real orchestra what I've ended up working with has a slight synth sound. I have information pertaining directly to the soundtrack in the DOC I will link to. Currently there are only two songs on it, (a town theme and an overworld theme) but a battle track will come out tomorrow or the day after. And a Dungeon track a day or two after that. I do have quite a few rough drafts done. But other then these four I won't really work on it unless I get a confirmation that you would like to use my soundtrack. These four songs should cover the four basic areas I will focus on: Town, Overworld, Battle, and Dungeon. However, if you don't want to use my Soundtrack that is totally fine. I'm am also willing to be told no to a Song, if you don't like one I can edit it how you want or even completely remove it.
Thank you for giving me a chance to try this opportunity. This is the first full video game soundtrack I have worked on and so far it has been rather fun.

Link to Soundtrack: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1spFdx ... GtpDqrlCQ8

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

There are some nice ideas about these soundtracks, but the synthesisers are very offputting. I wouldn't put this music into my game, to be honest.

Do you have Morrowind as a game, so you can listen to the original mw-music for reference? It would be good to have something that really meshes better with the original soundtracks. Right now, it's really far off from the feeling and sound of the original game music. If you want to keep working on your music, be my guest, but at the moment it's not a relevant submission for us.

Edit: The main theme soundtrack is actually quite nice in stages.

sdeborn
Forumite

Post by sdeborn »

Yes, I have Morrowind as a game. There would be a way to get a very similar soundtrack for low cost. But, it would be extremely difficult I would need a lot of outside help.

The way the original Morrowind Soundtrack involved Jeremy Soule and his brother, Julian Soule playing two intruments at a time and playing the whole soundtrack themselves. This method was then used in the Oblivion and Skyrim Soundtracks but on a much larger scale with more people. I don't have the ability to do it myself. But the music I am writing is in Sheet Music format. If a group of people could be found to perform this and send me MP3s or OGGs of their recording I could compile it to create the soundtrack.
But, there is a problem. Coordinating this would be almost impossible. Everyone would need the same or close-to-same mics. We would need some way to get news of this out and about. And without pay the people who are really good at performing won't be as quick to perform it.
Despite all that we should be able to make this work if we can get someway to coordinate it.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Heh, I was just thinking earlier this week about your offer :P I'm a real layman when it comes to music, so I can't really provide a valuable feedback here, but I think these are really nice. Good work on them, I'd say; I've listened to both of these tracks multiple times. I'm quite eager to hear what you come up with in regards to "From Past to Present", my favorite TES V tune. :)

Are you aware how limited Morrowind engine is when it comes to handling music? There are only two folders for music, explore and battle, and tracks are selected from them randomly, the game only checks whether there's a battle nearby or no. So sadly for the time being these could only be included as optional songs for the players, expanding/replacing vanilla tunes. That will likely change with OpenMW, and I think we will need some of it's features anyway (extended world map, in this case).

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

berry wrote:So sadly for the time being these could only be included as optional songs for the players, expanding/replacing vanilla tunes. That will likely change with OpenMW, and I think we will need some of it's features anyway (extended world map, in this case).
oh boy oh boy ! I would be so excited if there would be a possibility to make music conditional on a location and THEN separated for explore/battle :)

The music from you, sdeborn, is good anyway, perhaps too "safe" for my taste. Maybe more dramatic omphh to be on my loop with a strong reverb on some parts and bells appearing selectively in different places in space around your ears ( dunno how is it called professionally) I'm not a musician on daily basis so me advising you is not proper :oops: but sometimes I also derive joy from music making and these options help me a lot :lol:

sdeborn
Forumite

Post by sdeborn »

spineinside wrote:too "safe" for my taste. Maybe more dramatic omphh
I'm sorry but, what do you mean by safe and dramatic omphh. Do you mean the ambience?

spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Post by spineinside »

sdeborn wrote: I'm sorry but, what do you mean by safe and dramatic omphh. Do you mean the ambience?
I think it all has it's desired atmosphere, especially the second track. It can be juiced up with a tiny harmonized ambience if you like. Don't worry about by my "safe" word, it was unnecessary from me to write it, but according to it's meaning I rather thought about upgrading the accent at the beginning of some parts - just to enchant dynamics (then drama will build there itself).

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

Hopefully he will see this thread and offer some comments, as he's a very talented musician I believe.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Return to “SHotN Asset Development”