Possible Reachmen voice replacer

Model, texture and sound development of SHotN
rot
PT Modder

Possible Reachmen voice replacer

Post by rot »

Male only. Would still need work, even as placeholder, but I find it an improvement over them having the Breton voice in any case,

If you're interested in having this for Data I'll leave it for you to choose what to cull or tweak, otherwise will make my own version to taste.
Attachments
RaspyReachmenTest.zip
(4.23 MiB) Downloaded 359 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I love this voice replacer, especially all of the idle voices. It's only the combat voices that are still very reminescent of the orc ones. Would it be out-of-question to tweak the nord combat voices for this purpose?

There is no need to replace the female voices, in my opinion.

Edit: In case of doubt I would be still happy with this current version of the voice replacer, though.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

This is an impressive amount of work, rot. Is that your voice? It's fitting for Reachmen and doesn't sound out of place next to Morrowind's other voices. The audio isn't as clean as a professional recording, but I think it's acceptable.

If' you'd like more lines to record, I could write some suggestions. Personally, Personally, I think the comments about the player's clothing might not fit, considering how most Reachmen dress themselves.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

These are fantastic, the experience is way better right now, both when encountering civil Reachmen and when fighting Reachman mobs.

Personally I think some later hellos, ie. 114-138 sound too Imperial still, but maybe I'm reading too much into it because these lines are so familiar. At any rate, I wouldn't mind including this in current shape as well.

As for female voices, they aren't that unfitting right now imho, but what about using female Orcs and Argonians as a basis?
Yeti wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 1:32 pm This is an impressive amount of work, rot. Is that your voice? It's fitting for Reachmen and doesn't sound out of place next to Morrowind's other voices. The audio isn't as clean as a professional recording, but I think it's acceptable.
Those are edited MW sounds, of vanilla Orcs, Imperials and Bretons (Nords?).

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Oh, so these have been digitally edited? That does explain why they have a somewhat distorted sound. Personally, I would rather recruit amateur voice actors online, though this would be a suitable alternative if that path doesn't work out.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I miswrote in my previous post. I meant to write that I think the females don't require a replacement. I just edited my post accordingly.

rot
PT Modder

Post by rot »

That was indeed 99% Orc voices (owing to the happy coincidence that he's the same actor as the Breton), with the bare minimum basic tweaks,
worsas wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 amIt's only the combat voices that are still very reminescent of the orc ones. Would it be out-of-question to tweak the nord combat voices for this purpose?
I actually don't know the first thing about soundgen but voice shapes are very complex and I don't believe something like the characteristic slurring of the Nord can be removed (without more work than it would take to record or generate an entirely different voice), would have better luck dipping into the Breton, though even that won't work most of the time.
The females aren't as jarring. I still tried something for them and interestingly enough the Argonian female can yield good fragments, but that too is more effort than new voices.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

After the reachmen were introduced as a separate race, should we use the voices of the replacer for their males and the breton ones for the females perhaps?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yes, that would be great.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

rot
PT Modder

Post by rot »

edit: updated files in this post, now using the Data "Reachman" race and with PT filepath.

Some edits as discussed long ago: removed bestial or characteristic Orc lines, replaced most attack and hit voices,
transformed some lines, manually cleaned sound distortions where found,
removed most nudity Hellos, left all "Crime" lines.

I'll attract your attention to these lines or their conditions:
Spoiler
Unholy beast! Go away!
I would be honored if you would share your company, madame.
Pleasant weather, don't you think?
I hate this weather.
Curse this weather.
Not done: I also suggest changing the order and conditions to base the Attack "You grow weak" on PC Health <= 50%. Vanilla forgot to do this for similar lines of all races except DE.
Attachments
RaspyReachmen3.zip
(3.68 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

New version. This is probably fine for inclusion in the next data.

I assigned the voice entries to the new Reachmen race id "T_Sky_Reachmen" and included voice entries for the females which are copies of the breton female ones.
Attachments
ReachmenVoices.7z
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 251 times

Return to “SHotN Asset Development”