Texture, Mesh, and Icon usage

Off-topic, you know the score. Introductions here!
puncher208
Forumite

Texture, Mesh, and Icon usage

Post by puncher208 »

Hey, I'm new to modding, and for my first mod, I'd like to use your Scimitar textures, meshes, and icons in the mod I'm working on. Please respond as soon as possible.

Saint_Jiub
P:C Council Member

Post by Saint_Jiub »

Hi puncher, I'm going to post a link to the mod page for Tamriel_Data: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44537/?

Regarding permissions:
Tamriel_Data for modders
Tamriel_Data is free to use as a master file, for more detailed permissions please refer to the text files contained in the download archive.

Why would you want to use it if you are modder?

The most obvious benefit is, of course, more resources. You can never have enough meshes, textures, ingredients, and books.

The real benefit lies in the unified, consistent name structure, which enables modders to easily understand the item they are placing and
the context it has in the game.
This has become a necessity for the big province mods, as Tamriel Rebuilt moves closer to the southern parts that border Cyrodiil, and Skyrim: Home of the Nords moves eastwards to Morrowind. Not only are we able to share our assets, we are avoiding a lot of doublettes in three different ESMs.
For more information about the naming scheme, please refer to the article tab.

Of course, the names still have a character limit. Nothing is perfect until the release date of OpenMW, after all.
TL;DR - As long as your mod is dependent on Tamriel_Data as a master file, you're good to go :)

Return to “Off Topic”