Social Media and PR

Off-topic, you know the score. Introductions here!
Bugsby Bearkeley
PT Modder

Social Media and PR

Post by Bugsby Bearkeley »

I noticed Province:Cyrodiil has an abandoned Twitter page, and there are a few abandoned Facebooks, but I can't find any current social media presence for any of the projects. As far as I can tell, there is no place people can go to subscribe (exclusively) to news about PT, and Darkelfguy seems to be doing the lion's share of PR on Reddit and Youtube despite not technically being a member of the team(?). At this point, it looks like PR is a very pressing need.

To start, an officially maintained Twitter page would be a good long-term investment. Instead of individual pages for each province, my take is that a combined mod page would be more likely to attract followers and would benefit from more frequent updates. I have never ran a Twitter page before, but would gladly volunteer to do this if no one else wants the job.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Thanks for the offer! That sounds like a good idea. I know I personally don't have the time for coordinated Project Tamriel PR right now, but I've tried to post some stuff on reddit as well now and then. I don't use Twitter myself, but if you want to post something now and then, that would be great!
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I didn't know we had a twitter page. A lot of these old PR channels only last for as long as the person responsible is around for to maintain them. Sadly, most people who are active in the modding side of the project don't really have the time or inclination to keep the PR going. If you want to volunteer for this, then by all means go ahead.

Bugsby Bearkeley
PT Modder

Sorry for the delay! It just occurred to me I forgot about this. I meant to make a trailer to launch it with but got involved with some other things. I'll see what I can do this week. I can't guarantee I'll have a trailer but I will start a page.

Bugsby Bearkeley
PT Modder

I registered @Project_Tamriel, but it seems Twitter has locked it for "exhibiting automated behavior". Someone else has @ProjectTamriel, which sounds like a more professional handle, so I'll see about getting control of that instead. In any case, I'll sort it out.

Content-wise, I would like to have something new every week, whether a screenshot, trailer, poll, link to a stream, or something interesting from the forums (except the "private" ones). Polls in particular seem like a good way to bring people in from other interest groups (e.g. "Skyrim fans, what location from Skyrim do you think the vanilla game did the least justice to?") I'll try to comb reddit and various forums for PT-related media (like DarkElfGuy's trailers and daily shots) and congregate it all on this account. I have my own screenshots and I'm working on a recruitment trailer, though it may be some time before it's done. But I should be good to start.

I think it would help to have a page I can frequently link to with an overview of how people can participate (like http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/join). As it is, it seems like we're taking for granted that anyone interested in joining is going to be familiar with TR's workflow. It's not beginner-friendly enough I think.

Is there an archived forum that's older than this one? I seem to remember running across something like that. I'd like to comb it for content if there is.

Undertaker
Forumite

Post by Undertaker »

Bugsby Bearkeley wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:30 pm Is there an archived forum that's older than this one? I seem to remember running across something like that. I'd like to comb it for content if there is.
Something like this? http://provincecyrodiil.project-tamriel.com/index.php

And this? http://daryam.com/skyrim/forums/index.php

Return to “Off Topic”