Unified download page for all the projects

Off-topic, you know the score. Introductions here!
Zobator
Forumite

Unified download page for all the projects

Post by Zobator »

Hey all

Since I couldn't find no such thing, I made an account to specifically ask/suggest the following: a download page with a link to the latest versions of all the projects hosted here. Preferably with a link to that page from the menu.
For example, the latest version of SHotN I could find dates back a couple of years. But to me it seems there has been done a bunch of work ever since.

Am I missing something very obvious, or does a download-page like this really not exist?

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Hi Zobator and welcome to the forums!

That certainly would be a good thing to have on the frontpage, thanks for the suggestion.

The SHOTN release you found is unfortunately the latest release, but you're right in that we've finished so much work since then - and we promise to release it soon.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Zobator
Forumite

Post by Zobator »

It's just a suggestion because for outsiders like me, it's pretty confusing what's what ;) Even if the last release is from years ago, it would still make things a lot clearer if there was an official download/status page.

BTW: You guys already did some astounding work in that latest release if I may say so!

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yeah, I think it would be something that really should be there on our frontpage. Tbh I think this site in general is currently more geared towards modders already in the project, rather than showcasing our work to the world. I'd personally like to mix that up a bit.

And thanks! Things have changed quite a bit since then; not only are there now hundreds of more cells ready (and a major city!), the area included in our Vorngad release has been reworked, both the forest and the Karthgad village has seen a complete overhaul.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Zobator
Forumite

Post by Zobator »

Was just browsing the TR-website and had a thought: the interactive map they have at TR (http://tamrielrebuilt.uesp.net/trmap/) would be a nice feature to implement in a visitor-page. It instantaneously gives the visitors a clear view on how big the mods actually are. One might also be interested to see a map with TR and the Project Tamriel projects all together.

Just throwing around some ideas, but I guess someone who's not involved with the project might have a better look on what might attract outsiders :p

Luxray
Cat Herder

Post by Luxray »

We've discussed making such maps before and they are not at all easy to make, especially for a mod that is mostly not yet released.
But some other alternate map outlining our lands and some comparison for size wouldn't go amiss. I'll see if we can't do something suitable when we make a release in the near future.
<roerich> woah it's hot in here
<Lord Berandas> it must be Summer.
<Infragris> #hell is meant as a spam and off topic channel. Doing a great job already

Zobator
Forumite

Post by Zobator »

Yeah, even a comprehensive map in jpeg would give a much better image of the project.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Yeah, a map like that would also be useful for easy referencing. Sdaly, it's also a lot of work.

If you're interested in a complete map of the current province mods and their progress, you should look up Atrayonis' stuff at TR. He made a high-quality overview map some time ago.

Return to “Off Topic”