Bethesda is dead

Off-topic, you know the score. Introductions here!
Biboran
Forumite

Bethesda is dead

Post by Biboran »

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I don't give much of a crap about what they are doing these days. Live and let live, is how I think about it.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Live and let live,
Quote from my favotite film! :D
I do not really interesting about today Bethesda games, but all games that they have presented today is too bad even for them. After Oblivion silly to expect from them something else.

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

If you don't like it don't buy it.

I don't know why you feel obliged to buy it just cos they once made a game you like.

Stupid topic is stupid.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

It upsets me, because since Oblivion are no games in the series, which I liked. :(

Scamp
Lesser Daedra

Post by Scamp »

Biboran wrote:
[...]all games that they have presented today is too bad even for them[...]
So what's wrong with Fallout 4? You haven't even really seen the game yet and you're already saying it's going to be bad.

Biboran
Forumite

Post by Biboran »

Horrible design. Horrible interface. The mountains of unnecessary things like the Sims. Dialogs now like Mass Effect.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hmm.. i found the basement mini game rather funny to look at on that vid. Not sure, why they shouldn't be allowed to do such a thing in their games. They have done much worse things than that, like messing up the Altmer in ESO.

As said above, I don't pay much attention to their business these days, but when I do (I've been playing ESO with a friend of mine at some point, for example), I generally watch out for things that might possibly have revelance for us. I always look for the good stuff and just discard the rest. A very simple, but effective approach, in my opinion. :mrgreen:

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

This is hardly a new thing for Bethesda. Remember those terrible mobile games based on the Elder Scrolls? That was around the Morrowind era. I really don't see the point in complaining about this stuff - cash-ins like that come from a marketing department somewhere, they have little influence on the base games.

Anyway, I find the way they decided to go with Fallout 4 rather intriguing, really. The item crafting and house building are obviously based on the more popular mods for Fallout 3, many of whom were a kind of sim/empire-building thing (the one that lets you freely build settlements anywhere comes to mind). People are complaining about them "copying" from the mods, but seriously: if tons of people prefer to play your game with these mods, then maybe that's an indication that this is what your fans want, or that it really improves the feel of your game. So why shouldn't you build on that. It shows that they listen to their fanbase, which is a lot to ask for these days.

To me, these new systems (and the fact that they take front billing in the show) indicate the two types of players which are considered most important for Elder Scrolls/Fallout games: the long-term roleplayers invested in building a second life, and modders like us: the crafting, weapons modding or even the weird character creation (despite its flaws) seem designed specifically give that feeling of customizing and personalizing your experience, of using the game as a slate to draw your own story.

Of course, that doesn't man they can't fuck it up. But it's nice to be appreciated.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I'm looking forward to quite a few Bethesda games, actually. The company showed off plenty of good stuff in its E3 press conference. Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, and Doom all look promising. The Elder Scrolls Legends and Battlecry, on the other... not so much, but every publisher puts out occasional duds. Honestly, the only reason I'm not overly fond of its post-Morrowind work on The Elder Scrolls series is because of the trend towards adopting generic fantasy tropes in its lore. Otherwise, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking Oblivion and Skyrim didn't improve upon Morrowind's dated mechanics by leaps and bounds. It's a clunky game, which just happens to have more artistic merit due to its setting, level design and storytelling. I'm not surprised Bethesda hasn't been able to replicate its tone and general uniqueness.

uno Dos Dres
Forumite

Post by uno Dos Dres »

Today i finally was invited to the closed beta. They sent invitation through the email :D no keys. I don't know why, but i really enjoy playing this card game. BTW some of the card pictures can be like concept art or maybe inspiration.

Return to “Off Topic”