"Prior to the Invasion, the Isles were like a garden of geometric precision, a vast machine in which flora, fauna, and magical artifice existed in perfect equilibrium. In its natural state, it would have been a land of tranquil lakes, majestic mountains, and vast coniferous forests. however, the Altmer had spent millennia cultivating their land to painful perfection: no tree was out of place, no field stood fallow, and no wild animal was to be tolerated. The wilderness was eradicated, replaced by monuments to virtue and purity: vast, multi-hued cities, towering archival spires, and intricate garden mazes interconnected by the vast networks distributing the energy of the stars.
The Imperial assault smashed this national instrument. The passage of Numidium wrecked centuries old equilibriums, erased entire bloodlines from history, and plunged swathes of the land into darkness. In time, light and order were restored to the centers of civilization; but still most of the isles lie in ruins, their wilderness populated by cultists, goblins, and casteless marauders." (Infragris)
- A misty hillscape of thin forests and small villages, Artaniss Ril is the most easily traversible part of Moridunon. [More to come]
- In dry seasons, Cirathel's coast carries the misleading appearance of a desert, with long stretches of low white sand dunes. In rainy seasons, the long, winding dune-valleys are filled with stunningly blue brackish lagoons. Surrounded on all sides by the white sands of Cirathel is (Mirror Lake), a salt flat that in the wet seasons resembles a mirror stretching to infinity. The foliage of Cirathel is primarily hardy succulents and crooked, wispy trees. The city of Vulkhel Guard sits on a rocky island in the center of (Mirror Lake). (c0dacan0n)
- Rocky, dry region characterized by sweeping, graceful geologic formations. The vast apparatus of the Firsthold Orrery is wound among and through these formations; its mechanisms require so much energy and heat that the Orrery array exerts an influence on local weather patterns. Vegetation, while sparse, can be found growing in the nutrient-rich soil beneath the great rock spires, where many animals also make their homes. (Charger24)
Lan Sercene (partially on both main islands, see Sumurset section)
Titan's Wake (partially on both main islands, see Sumurset section)
- Vast, desolate region stretching across the northern end of Sumurset. The impossibly tall Crystal Tower dominates the landscape. Huge canyons criss-crossing the region and an almost total absence of vegetation in the interior limit travel by ground. Great crystal agglomerations and ancient, petrified Sloadic towers can be found crumbling in the immense canyonfields and sand flats. The coasts are slightly more temperate, and some hardy plant life clings to existence among crystal-plated Altmer compounds and airborne wildlife - some vicious, some domesticated. (Charger24)
- The largest mountain on the isles, snowy Eton Nir is crowned by the trembling city of Cloudrest. The Altmer’s premier architect-singers reside here. (Infragris)
- A glittering, surreal region encompassing the northern and eastern coasts of what Tamrielics call White Bay. Carved over aeons by wind and wave, tiny elevated karst dominate this region, and obscure the line between where the bay ends and where the coast begins. Fana Glothyn's natural kaleidoscope of color and terrain makes the region a haven for reclusive wizard-lords, isolationist cults, and fortified outposts of the Altmeri military. The vegetation of this region includes leafy greens, local corals, and more exotic funguses long ago carried from across the western seas, all growing wild alongside stranger flora in the crumbling iridescent wave-gardens of the last era. (Charger24)
- Immense cliffs straddling both sides of the northern Camidi Straits, sloping down inland from the coast. Landscape is dominated by windswept reddish shrublands and flowing grasses. Violent seas have hollowed out immense caverns beneath the cliffs, where strange wildlife live among magical anomalies and ancient crypts. (Charger24)
- Massive waterfalls crash into wide rivers sourcing from the Pattern Uplands, separated by impenetrable barriers of pink rock and terraced hot springs. With an abundance of river fauna, many thriving fishing villages sit on rocky its river-islands. The peaceful trading and fishing city of Sunhold lies on the region's largest river, and has a lovely hot springs renowned for its restorative properties, as well as its unique thermophilic species. (c0dacan0n)
- A cool, humid, terraformed waterfront region that includes the Pearls archipelago. The Nacre mainland is characterized by elegant mer-carved cliffs decorated with arabesques and topped by wizard's towers, while the Pearls themselves are somewhat more wild, still showing the natural shapes of their cliff coasts, which are rich in fossils due to merethic-era volcanic activity. Among the fossilized material is mother-of-pearl which coats parts of the cliffs, resulting in a memorable iridescent shine which serves as its namesake. (c0dacan0n)
- The most densely populated region on Summurset, Nilcestumir is a pristinely-crafted and intricately-maintained swathe of terraces and gardens covering the rolling hills surrounding Alinor. Much of the region is actively maintained by magickal means, and physical emplacements (emitting strange and otherworldly lights) acting as foci for these efforts are scattered throughout the area. There is no dangerous wildlife in Nilcestumir, and the decay that has so degraded the estates of the Pattern Highlands is much less evident here. The weather is temperate and pleasant, and verdant garden-shrines blanket the landscape from the coast deep into the foothills of Eton Nir. (Charger24)
- Once a monument to precision and landscape crafting, now an expanse of islands shattered and disfigured by countless assaults by the Maormer. A shallow shelf--sometimes only centimeters deep at low tide--allows for walking in the straits between the high islands, but in places drops off into abyssal blackness, and at high tide on a windy day can quickly become violently crashing waves known to have dashed many poor souls upon the Tessellated walls. As a result, the straits have a vastly different biosphere than the surfaces of the islands above. The famed Oyinaam bell-tower lines rise above the coast, their sound-magic a potent repellent for the Pyaondonese raiders and their sea-serpents, whose bones litter the shoreline. (Infragris, c0dacan0n)
- Psychedelic temporal wasteland valley created by the march of Numidium during the Tiber Wars. The white-washed landscape looks as if it was torn apart and then reassembled in the wrong order. Inhospitable to life, what little life does remain among the twisted and inverted cliffs appears to be ripped out of time. In the distance, as if still echoing from the distant past, the sounds of war can still be heard, as can the soul-shaking roar of the Brass Golem. (c0dacan0n)
Artaniss Ril - "Glory/Honor + Mist" (from Violet)
Cirathel - "Jewel of the Sky" (from Violet)
Fana Glothyn - "White Bay" (from c0dacanon)
Karancor - "Shield Highlands" Corcaran now?
Lan Sercene - "Divided Earth"
Miscurin Desert - "Crystal(-line)" Desert
Nilcestumir - "Flower Sculpture"
Ulunedai - from Altmeris "ulune", or "blue"