Cross-Project Cooperation Coordination

Threads related to coordination in lore, border regions, objects, implementation, etc with Tamriel Rebuilt
Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

I might have time to start testing stuff by Thursday. I'm in favor of using the capitalization technique: the legibility trade-off seems minor, and we can really use the extra characters for IDs.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

In my opinion, the convenience of more legibility stands high above the convenience of having more ease at creating ids.

I think that the legibility loss is not to be underestimated, in particular, if there are categorizations that are more cryptic like 'He' or 'Bkm'. The underscore highlights these parts of the id and makes it easier not just to overread them shruggingly. To me these camelcase-ids are rather intimidating to look at. On the other hand they would make us appear more modernized, probably. I still don't like them, though.

Edit:
The legibility particularly suffers for containers:
TSkyOrcSetnomadBasket02Food2
TCyrImpFurnpSidetable01MiscGC

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

This is a new version of the Tamriel_Data.esm with a couple of removals and corrections and an updated version of the patching program aswell as translation-file.

If none of the people here or at TR have objections, I'm going to patch our working files and upload the new data again together with an updated bsa.
Attachments
Tamriel_Data_Update.7z
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 355 times

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Everything works great. :geek:
[hsimg=]http://i.imgur.com/5R1QKLt.png[/hsimg]

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

So that's what we can expect in Dragonstar 2.0... Good to know ;P

Actually, at this point I'm still waiting on TR's new bsa-file and additions for the initial version (coming this week hopefully). Our shotn - content files with linked interiors are already in a completed state, only waiting to be patched.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Well now, I did say I needed merged data to finish Dragonstar, didn't I. :P You were warned!

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly!

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Looking good, berry. Just how I always imagined it.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I guess you could call this cross-project related.

Could someone post over at the Tamriel Rebuilt forums and let them know my account has been deactivated somehow? It won't let me log in.

This section would work best.

My username over there is Parker. Most likely I tried guessing my password too many times on a computer I didn't have it saved to.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

i have just messaged Atrayonis about your problems.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Many thanks, worsas. 8-)

Return to “Cross-Project Coordination”