Arrianas Claims!

Homes, shops, taverns, services, offices, etc
arrianas
Forumite

Arrianas Claims!

Post by arrianas »

I have made 2 finished houses, and the shell of a third (I need a tile set piece to finish the shell of this one, so if you want to make one you can, if not I can figure out a different design)

The houses are named as such, in the CS:

~ Azura, Residential District Arrianas House 1 (finished and doors linked)

~ Azura, Residential District, Arrianas House 2 (not even close to finished, and doors not linked)

~Azura, Poor Town, Arrianas House 1 (finished and doors linked)

P.S. I suck at this whole thing, and apparently don't know how to add meshes to the data files, and then find them in the CS, so I will have to figure that out then update my "Azrua Residential District Arrianas House 1" when I know how to do that, but apart from that it is ready to be played.
Attachments
Azura Residential Disctict Arrianas House 1.ESP
(20.65 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Hey Arrianas! I'm glad you posted these up, I will take a look as soon as I can. And no worries about the resources, I can easily fix it on my end when I merge them in. Let me look at that tileset piece too.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Thanks Dahrk, I hope you enjoy them. I plan to start a new interior tonight, but I probably won't do much, until after I get some feedback on what I have done thus far.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

So I made a mistake, and the finished Residential District house had a balcony on the exterior, and I didn't notice so I hope you can find a place where to place that interior. I have just now started on an interior that wil match the exterior of that house that I first attempted. Sorry about my goof up, I hope it doesn't cause too many issues.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

No it won't cause any issues. I have plenty of more interiors to add. I apologize that I haven't given feedback yet, just been busy. I plan to do so today.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Glad to hear it won't be a problem.

No worries, about not checking them yet, you have a ton of stuff to do just with modding, and I know that you have stuff going on outside of this too (plus this gave me some extra time to add a bit more work to my Modtown claim). Just let me kbowbwhen can, what you think of thw interiors; I would love to know areas that I can improve upon, and I wouldn't mind going back and making some changes to the ones I've done so far if you feel like they're lacking.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Alright, I have looked everything over. These look really good overall.

My only comments would on a couple things:
1) the interior lighting was pretty bright. it was brighter than most vanilla interior cells and I tend to like my interiors a bit darker than vanilla to rely on light sources more (which you have plenty of in your cells!).
2) The bucket of scales in your poor town home seemed rather haphazard, the scales weren't placed very naturally and were balancing on the edge of the bucket.
3) This isn't a major thing at all, but where you have the shrine in the residential home, the chairs stick outside of the habitable cell area, the player will be able to see that on their map and it will look a bit strange. You can control what players see on their map by placing in_lava_blacksquare above those areas.

I already fixed these things, but just some food for thought. I'm very glad that you went ahead and made some new containers for your cells. It'll be good to have unique Lyithdonea content in them.

I'll try and take a stab at getting the city ready to accept claims soon. But feel free to make some more homes!

Thanks again,
-MD

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I'm glad you liked them, also thank you for fixing my mistakes for me. =]

I must have messes with the interior lighting without realizing it, but for future reference what would you consider to be a goos light level for a house?

I've made a good start on another interior, and I don't have much going on after work, so I might finish it tonight depending on how I feel about it.

One last thing have you taken a look at the in complete interior I had in the file?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Oh, I did. But only briefly, was that the one that needed a tileset piece? Just took another peek: use in_v_s_int_center_01.

And no, the default lighting is actually way too bright, so it's not your fault. I would suggest something like:

Ambient: 42, 42, 42
Sunlight: 23, 23, 23
Fog: 56, 56, 56
Density: 0.5-1.0

But those are just very rough guidelines. If you look at other interiors, I am not very consistent as I like to have variation. It's good to play with the ambient and sunlight to give it a bit of color for instance.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Thanks for the tile piece, I get confused when the name deviates.

Ah thanks for the tip, I will mess around wit it now. =)

EDIT: I decide to do a shelf, and fill it with books, so the interior won't be done tonight.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

No worries. Take your time.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Thanks I'll probably have it done this weekend, sense I'm babysitting my niece and nephew (kinda, they're asleep now).

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Here's that house I've been promising you. I didn't include an alter in this one, if that's an issue, I have no problem revisiting it and fixing one in there. I hope you enjoy this one man. =)
Attachments
Arrianas House 4.ESP
(10.13 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

No, not an issue at all. Not all of them need one. And thank you! I'll get it merged in.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Great to hear man.

Now that we have the claim system up and running, should I post my interiors in a different thread?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Nah, it doesn't need to be too formal. When you want to make a claim, just post your intentions in the relevant claim thread so that I will be alerted to update the list! And then you can continue using your thread here to discuss work.

I'll go update the guidelines to reflect that.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Merged in the latest interior. Looked great, Arrianas! I got started on a large interior market area (in that canton-thing with the Underworks beneath it). But now I'm working on armor (cleaning up IDs and making icons and including some additional pieces...)

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Thanks man, I am glad it you liked it. This was a small thing I missed that I remembered after I uploaded it, by my other 2 interiors have the same problem, so when the next official update come out I will fix all those small things. =)

Awesome to hear ma I am excited to be able to explore that area.

What armor are you working on?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Well, all of them really. Almost none of the armor has icons and a lot of the IDs were inconsistent. I've added a couple of quorn's armor which fit in so far and am making some modifications myself as well.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Ah makes sense, it sounds like you will be busy with that for a good while then. It will really help bring te islands together so a separate entity from the empire.

P.S. I was wondering if the tavern should have a basement level as the floor plan is somewhat small for a business?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Sorry, I missed your post script. To answer your question, yes that would be fine. Looking at the claim map, it does look like there is room to extend a little ways back into the building, so feel free to do so. I have no plans for that area. But a basement would be totally fine if you're up for making one!

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Hey Dahrk. I've decided I would like to contribute to the conversation. I won't be modding for a bit, but I've decided not to be a shut in both on here, and in life.

No worries about missing that. I'll see what I wowprefer todo (maybe both) once I feel up to tackling it. Are there any specific you'd like to see that you haven't mentioned?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

That's great to hear, arrianas!

Any particular claims? Well there are all the claims mentioned in the Azura City Planning thread that I have yet to make threads for here. If you're interested in any of those interiors, then let me know!

FYI. I am going to be gone camping for the weekend starting tomorrow morning, so if I'm less responsive, that's why!

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Thanks for the FYI, I was actually going to be leaving for camping tonight, but my friends decided we'd do that next weekend.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Gotta get these things in before the end of summer. It's that time of year!

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Oh yeah, I didn't go at all last year, and I'm really kicking myself for it.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I just thought I would post here to let you all know I am still working on fixing interiors. I have had a lot going on (good stuff though so don't worry). It is taking em longer than it should, but I made some good progress tonight, and hopefully I can get it done in a decent amount of time.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Hey arrianas,
Sorry about the exorbitant delay in my response. I have also been quite busy with other things (both in my life and in modding). I'm still here, I'm just focusing on ModTown 2015 at the moment as it has a much closer deadline... I'm happy to hear that you are still working on these and I'm excited to see what you've come up with. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Lyithdonea.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I lurk over at ModTown, you and everyone else have been doing fantastic work; it is quite fun to watch. =)
Don't expect too much new to come from this, it is mostly small stuff that wasn't caught because we don't do reviews for interiors (honestly that's probably for the better though).

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Yeah... minor bug fixing can come later for this project. For right now, I'm looking at getting the massive amount of interior cell content in there first.

Return to “L:AZ Buildings”