Status report

General project talk
Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Status report

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

This topic will be used to give updates on what I am working on. Feel free to comment.

For your information, here are my currently planned features and vague statuses since I don't keep up with approximate percentages very well:
Progress
Mostly Implemented
- Landmass
- Settlements
- Creatures
Partially Implemented
- Interiors
- Dungeons
- NPCs
- Dialogue
- Armor
- Weapons
- Ingredients
- Item Icons
Not Implemented
- Main Quest
- Ouag Tong quests
- Mages Guild quests
- Miscellaneous quests

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Current changes which will be in the 0.1.3 release:

Fixed collision on az_siika_ballista.nif and az_siika_elvenship_01.nif (meshes in the starting area of Dor Dalla)
Made all inhabited exterior cells illegal to rest in
Tweaked ko'tau creature to be more fish-like
Added small urn decorative pieces for interior design
Added interiors made by Arrianas
Bug fixes (thanks, berry!
Improved transportation nodes
Gave the Chimer Dunmer voices as they were the most fitting

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Have you contacted the guy who made the Chimer of Light mod yet, to see if it's okay to use his voices?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I did try reaching out. The email was dead. Unfortunately, I listened to the sound files and they weren't exactly what I envisioned for the Chimer. The male voices were fine, but the female voices weren't as mature as I'd like. They were both really well done, much better than I could ever do, but I wasn't happy with them (this was even after setting them up in game and testing them out - they just didn't fit).

The Dunmer voices are fine, but not perfect. The female voices are a bit TOO mature and the male voices are a bit more gravelly than I'd like for the Chimer, but it will simply have to do for now at least. The good thing was that I was I have used some of the new sound files from Tribunal and Bloodmoon to give some more variety from what you're used to hearing on Vvardenfell. But only in certain areas.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Okay, that sounds like it will work norr thab fine. I like that you included some dialogue from Tribunal, and bloof Moon to keep it from being banal.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

New changes for 0.1.3

Added loot to Dunguars
Improved underworks tileset
Fixed pathgrid in underworks
Fixed collision on some mushrooms
Made Docents in Azura City able to transport you to several districts (part of the Improve Transportation update above)

Focused on the Underworks this evening. It was very hard for me to work in this cell before as I just threw a bunch of solid blocks in there. See the Before / After shots looking from the outside in (this should also be marginally better on performance). It still looks the same from the inside. And now that I fixed up the "tileset", I made the first home interior for the area!

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

What you made an interior??

But seriously, it looks good, and so does the update in general. Looks like you've done a lot of work good job man.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Thanks! And yeah, interiors are the thing to do right now! So I've been getting things set up to do so properly. I'll try and get the update out soon. File size should be reduced again as well, which is good.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Awesome that reduced the file size from the last update actually made it run smoother in the CS for me, so another reduction will be great.

Moritius
PT Modder

Post by Moritius »

Melchior Dahrk wrote:but the female voices weren't as mature as I'd like
Maybe you should try with slight pitch change to make sound files more fitting?
<ThomasRuz> A cleansing potion, with a nasty side-effect
<rotouns> Drain Spear 50 / 3600s
<ThomasRuz> We shall call it... the potion of impotency!

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Moritius wrote:
Melchior Dahrk wrote:but the female voices weren't as mature as I'd like
Maybe you should try with slight pitch change to make sound files more fitting?
That could possibly work. Though it sounds like a lot of work (unless I find a single pitch change which works across the board). Definitely something to wait until later to do though. But the good thing is that now that I have all the Dunmer voices set up for the Chimer, it'd be easy to swap over to Kalikut's Chimer voices because they have the same text. Would just be a matter of replacing the sound file the entry references.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

I just want to give a quick status update to say that I am still around, and this project hasn't died or anything (it never dies, just sleeps every now and then). I've just been focusing my modding efforts on ModTown 2015 at the moment since the deadline is quickly drawing near for that project. I'm anxious to get back to working on Lyithdonea though and plan to jump right back into this once I get ModTown out of the way.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Thanks for the update Melchior. =)

Return to “L:AZ General Discussion”