Welcome to the Lyithdonea forums!

Official announcements for Lyithdonea: The Azurian Isles
Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Welcome to the Lyithdonea forums!

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

A big thank you to SG for hosting the project forums here on Project Tamriel.

It's probably going to be pretty empty here for a bit while I get up to speed on my planning. The primary purpose was to give me a place to organize claims for interiors. I've received offers from a number of people to make interiors, but I haven't been well prepared to provide guidance on what they should make. Since most interiors for this mod will be showing up in the capitol city of Azura, that area has its own planning sub-forum but other settlements like Bnay, Drakhis, and the Gateway Canton will require some thought before making interiors as well.

Feel free to ask questions about the project, post screenshots of your adventures in Lyithdonea, or use the bug reporting sub-forum for posting screenshots, warnings logs, details, etc on any issues you may encounter while playing the alpha.

May you find all that you seek, traveller.
-Melchior Dahrk
Last edited by Melchior Dahrk on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Hey Dahrk! This is Arrianas from the Nexus, I just happened to be looking for new posts here on PT, and saw you posted. I just wanted to say it is awesome to see you on a forum, so you can get the wheels rolling on what remains. =) Any, I hope you were not planning to make some reserves for the future, if you were just say so, and I will delete this. =)

Lord Berandas
PT Modder

Post by Lord Berandas »

Hello Melchior! Welcome to the forums! :)
Looking forward to see more in depth to the development of your mod.

Infragris
Project Administrator

Post by Infragris »

Welcome to Project Tamriel, Melchior! It's aways a pleasure to see your work.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Hello to all of you! No, this was also intended as a general greetings thread. So welcome! I just didn't want to assume people would be posting already! lol

Ended up falling asleep last night when I was in the middle of posting some other things here. Like trying to give some general guidelines for making interiors before I get the city planning done. Hoping to use this as a base of operations for interacting with those who may want to contribute in some way.

Thanks for dropping by!

SGMonkey
Site Admin

Post by SGMonkey »

Awesome. Glad to have you here MD!

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Random question, and I know this isn't the place, but have you thought about making a small add on, to allow the PC to play as a Chimer?

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

SGMonkey wrote:Awesome. Glad to have you here MD!
Thanks for hosting the project forums, SG!
arrianas wrote:Random question, and I know this isn't the place, but have you thought about making a small add on, to allow the PC to play as a Chimer?
I hadn't. No. But that's an interesting idea! I will consider it. Obviously not the highest priority, but someone else would be welcome to make a dependent mod which toggles them to playable. One of the problems with the Chimer right now is that they have no voices... I was torn between trying to reuse the Dunmer or Altmer voices. Neither were quite right.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

I guess I could easily toggle it to playable lol. I think a new voice would be only fair for them, however, that might be hard to do. I certainly can't do good voice acting for them, and I don't think I know anyone who could.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Yeah, I agree. The High Elves are too pompous and the Dark Elves are too gravelly.

edit: actually, I remembered after making this post that we have the voices in this mod which I might be able to tap into. I've reached out to Kalikit to see if she'd be willing to allow me to use them. Even if I don't get a response, I have the option of making my mod dependent on hers to give them voices. These are AAA studio quality, but they're a heck of a lot better than I could ever manage and absolutely acceptable in my book.

arrianas
Forumite

Post by arrianas »

Interesting that would be nice if she let us use the voices. =)

If she doesn't rely, or for some reason says no then you could ask Train Wiz, as an alternative as he seems to have a disposal of voice actors.

Return to “L:AZ Announcements”