Faction: The Imperial Cult

Any province related discussion not fitting into other categories
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Faction: The Imperial Cult

Post by roerich »

What is the role of the Imperial Cult in Skyrim? I recall we had some discussion on this on the old forum, but didn't really come to any conclusions. I think we should have the IC as a joinable faction with some minor questlines.

It's clear to me, that the IC would be most active in new holds, like Whiterun. As the faith of the Nords and the IC are so similar, I don't see them having a missionary role like they did in Morrowind, where they were on the frontier, surrounded by heathens. It seems the IC would be most active in The Reach. The gods of the Reachmen are considered particularly barbaric and pagan by civilized peoples, and we could have some quests centered around a mission to convert some Reachmen tribes. The other mission should be to care for the poor and sickly, something that would be a busy job in the most metropolian cities, like Haafingar and Karthwasten.

Currently we have cult shrines in the following locations:
  • Karthwasten (large shrine with all deities)
  • Markarth - Arkay shrine
Planned shrines
  • Dragonstar?
  • Fort outside Falkirstad
  • Fort south of Karthwasten
  • Haafingar
  • Whiterun
  • Falkreath
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

I would maybe look at the dialogue of the imperial cult members in Fort Frostmoth. They seem to suggest that the nord religion is, at least partly, perceived as a heathen belief aswell.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Isn't that just the Skaal though? The religion of the Skaal is very different from that of the Nords. But yes, they probably aren't eye to eye on a lot of theological issues.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Jeleen wrote: Topic: Local savages
What else would you call them? They're hardly civilized, with all that bear and wolf worship. And they hardly even recognize the Nine Divines! Most Nords are too busy worshiping heathen gods like Alduin and Orkey. That's why Mirisa's missionary work is so important.
There seems to be at least a prejudicial attitude towards some of the nordic deities as expressed by this particular IC member.

But you're probably right in saying that the missionary intends of these members were mostly aimed at the Skaal and their special beliefs.

Return to “SHotN Skyrim Discussion”